Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just asked for and been granted a free Sky satellite dish. I don't have a TV - I'm going to work on a design I have in mind to make a solar popcorn popper.

Rapscallion

Comment

I was just really lucky to get two lovely wall units and the lady delivered them in a big van which was kind.Even kinder she just emailed me and asked if i wanted a third unit.(she is clearing her mother's house).

Another lady gave me some bubble wrap and boxes which will come in useful for ebaying, and says she will let me know if she gets more, and i got some more records, these are nice ones, 60s and 70s elvis, beatles, etc.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I just got a printer (needed a power cord) with several ink cartridges and a framed skyline picture of Austin. My fiance was really excited about the Austin picture, since they have built a zillion new skyscrapers since he lived there and the picture doesn't show a single one, not even the Frost Bank tower that was built while he was in school.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I hate you. I really, really hate you.

You are going to hate me even more

Just now I was given as many crates of books as I could fit in the car due to a secondhand bookshop getting rid of old stock on freecycle.
          I managed 14 crates with about 400 books.

Comment

As I am not at work today I just put back on freecycle (now called freegle) the books I read since i was given them, so I listed 257 books for someone to collect.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
              As I am not at work today I just put back on freecycle (now called freegle) the books I read since i was given them, so I listed 257 books for someone to collect.

Not twenty minutes after posting, I was contacted by a charity who wants to sell them at a fundraiser, so I agreed they could have all the books and some videos I also had going spare.

Comment

This week I gave away another 100 or so books and received a carload of vintage clothing which the giver said I could sell on ebay if I wanted and some videos and games and books and household stuff which the giver also said I could sell.

(I would never sell anything which was given to me on freecycle unless it was specifically given for this reason).

So I am happy.Got to get busy with ebay now.

Edit -oooo i forgot i was also given loads of records and singles which I wont sell.

Comment

I love Freecycle. I've got a nice director's chair, an IBM Model M keyboard (1391401 1989). I've freecycled a microwave, roller blades, and probably some other stuff I can't remember because I'm like that. Good stuff anyway.

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                    I love Freecycle. I've got a nice director's chair, an IBM Model M keyboard (1391401 1989). I've freecycled a microwave, roller blades, and probably some other stuff I can't remember because I'm like that. Good stuff anyway.

Yes its give and take we often freecycle laptops because boyfriend picks them up and plays at reconditioning them.

Today I got four boxes of novels in my second language which I would never be able to buy in this country! Yay!

Comment

right now im poking into freecycle alot trying to score 100 scifi-fantasy books and some furniture for my dads place

one think i hate about freecycle is that they dont have to let you know if the people actually got your mails.

Comment

Working...
                      X