This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super hermit crabs!

I have 3 hermies: Sol, Castor, and Pollux. This was a rather cold winter in my condo, so I thought I may have lost these lil guys. However, I never smely the "death smell," so I left the tank alone.

This Fri I checked in on them (it's not realy good to dig them up, if they are molting you can shock 'em and lose them Happend to my lil Pluto).

All three were scratching around in their shells!! Now, it was freezin in my place due to a bad furnace (fixed!) So it's amazing they survived.

Maybe they will take over the world?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Yay hermit crabs! The old pet supply warehouse that I used to work at had a retail outlet and after the local county fair started giving away hermit crabs as prizes (BAD IDEA) and no one knew what to do with them, the outlet store started carrying a lot of stuff for them and even had a couple for sale. I really wanted to get a couple but I knew then already that I would be moving down here to Texas so I didn't want to set up a tank and then have to find a new home for them a few months later. I really want to get some hermit crabs (as well as fish!) when my husband and I get a house, though. They're so cool! I'm glad yours survived the winter.

Comment

Working...
    X