This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which TelephoneAngel Ceases to Be

On a different board, where I post, and so does boyfriend, he hangs out with the guys talking guy talk, I tend to hang out with the girls talking girl talk.rarely do we ever post on the same thread as there are so many threads and we don't look to see what the other one has written.

I was there first, when he moved in with me, he decided to also join.Of course our IP addresses are the same in the same house.

A few days ago for the first time, I replied to a thread in my own username and by coincidence noticed that he had also replied a few posts further on in his own username, I asked him if he realised we were on the same thread, he said no, I thought no more about it.

Next I find that various people are saying that we must be the same person as we posted from the same ip in the same thread and somehow "forgot" to change usernames from being in a different thread.There's no way of proving we aren't unless someone calls the house and we both speak to them.

so there we are, I am just a figment of my own boyfriend's imagination, or he mine, i'm not sure which, and up till now i thought i was real.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Don't be silly you're all a figment of my imagination.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Wow - do they show IP addies publicly?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Wow - do they show IP addies publicly?

Rapscallion
        No, I guess one of the mods had never seen our ips on a thread so close together before and put two and two together and came up with about seventy-four.
        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          Don't be silly you're all a figment of my imagination.
          Dont you see? I'm not stuck in here with you... your all stuck in here with me!
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

So I guess you're pining for the fjords then?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What if you're a figment of your own imagination?
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Now I'm rethinking the handful of people on here who "claim" to be "roommates" or "married" or "boyfriend and girlfriend"...my world has just come tumbling down around me...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I played two characters in a web browser game once. The only way to do that was to run two accounts, which was against the rules. So I just pretended to be my own brother for the second one.

The trick got more complicated when I realized both characters were going to have to post on the forums. I had to adopt a slightly different persona on my "brother".

I think he was more popular.
                  Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                    I played two characters in a web browser game once. The only way to do that was to run two accounts, which was against the rules. So I just pretended to be my own brother for the second one.

The trick got more complicated when I realized both characters were going to have to post on the forums. I had to adopt a slightly different persona on my "brother".

My roomie and I both have travian accounts ... we both had to talk to some moderator/gm and prove we aren't the same person. Webcams are handy!

If you go into both of our past online posting history on various boards we are involved in, other than totally opposite interests [im a gamer and she is a blacksmith] her postings go back and originate in ohio until she moved to connecticut, and my postings have always been connecticut =)
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                      Next I find that various people are saying that we must be the same person as we posted from the same ip in the same thread and somehow "forgot" to change usernames from being in a different thread.There's no way of proving we aren't unless someone calls the house and we both speak to them.
                      No way of proving it empirically, no, but I would think that a simple explanation of the truth would go a long way: "Look, "TA" is me and "Boy" is my boyfriend. We live together. We have separate accounts on the board but because of our living situation we have the same IP address. It's really rather simple."

Unless, of course, the mods on said board are the type that either (A) believe everything is a conspiracy and everyone is a troll or some such, or (B) can't imagine what it's like to have a girlfriend, as they never have, or (C) both.

Quoth Zoom View Post
                      I had to adopt a slightly different persona on my "brother".

That is both very disturbing and very amusing!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

*shoves Da Dairy Druid back down to the basement*

Nope, no one here, but me, FMA_Fanatic.

Yeah, I've head of people being accused of being the same person on several account names and trolling boards, etc.

Unless the mods on that board say anything, I'd ignore the idiots who can't comprehend that, gee, people do live together and share internet connections.

I'm lucky enough that with AT&T U-Verse, the IP varies slightly per computer. I would suspect that if it didn't, Rap or the mods would have had a problem with Da Dairy Druid posting here.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X