This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone company decided to make my 10 year old brother the account holder

Somehow my ten year old brother ended up as the primary on my family's cell phone account. Maybe cause he has the number xxx-xx10 (not real numbers) while my dad has xxx-xx11, and me xxx-xx12, sister xxx-xx13, mom xxx-xx14. That's just how it happened. The bills aren't sent to him, but if anything happens and we have to call in, they can only talk to him. Oh, even better, apparently he gave the lady at the store a password which he can't remember and they put it on our account! I had to call cause my dad's pixplace account was locked for no reason and I tried everyone's name and they said our account wasn't under any of our names. I read out numbers from the last bill, had them call my phone, answered security questions. Everything was right except for the name on the account and the password. I finally said ok, then we will no longer be paying the bills for someone else's account since it seems that none of our names are in your records. (I didn't even think to try my brother's name cause he's 10!) She finally gives me the person's first name and says she has to speak with him. Ok, I put my bro on. She's thoroughly confused, but I tell her that he is the apparent account holder. We have to go into the office (funny, last time there was a problem I was told their was no office) in person to fix things just because we don't know the password a TEN YEAR OLD came up with 6 months ago. At least we can say we went a whole six months without having any problems.

LOL!

Good! I dont get why companies do what they do sometimes....

Comment

Actually, someone under 18 can not legally be the account holder ....

So they have to change who the account holder is, and that password is invalid.

if they don't, they can get into a world of hurt - remember how no minor can legally hold a contract in the US [not sure of the rest of the world]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Actually, someone under 18 can not legally be the account holder ....

So they have to change who the account holder is, and that password is invalid.

if they don't, they can get into a world of hurt - remember how no minor can legally hold a contract in the US [not sure of the rest of the world]
        Yeah, really. They said something along the lines of basically we were lying and he was the account holder, but he wasn't a kid. They want us to being his birth certificate which I think is overstepping boundaries and not allowed, but we'll do it and they better be ready to give us an apology.

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
          Yeah, really. They said something along the lines of basically we were lying and he was the account holder, but he wasn't a kid. They want us to being his birth certificate which I think is overstepping boundaries and not allowed, but we'll do it and they better be ready to give us an apology.
          The question is... how did he get assigned as account holder? Did you give them any documentation authorizing that? (Rhetorical question! ) Since you did not, then whoever setup the account in the first place is the only person who should be able to access it, regardless of age.
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Did he ask the folks for a raise in his allowance, to cover the monthly bill?

(Sorry, couldn't resist! )

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Don't suppose you can give us a hint what company this is? So we can avoid problems of our own?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                Don't suppose you can give us a hint what company this is? So we can avoid problems of our own?
                It's a fairly large one which has never really given us any trouble before (at least on the phone side of things. Cable with them is terrible, but it's all there is in the area. I don't think it's the company so much as it is the person who set up the account. We found out she's no longer employed at the store.

Comment

My cell company has a feature called pixplace, and it starts with a V. Despite some initial problems with a moron in one of their stores (coincidence?), we have had no trouble. That's so weird, if you find out how the 10 year old ended up primary, I would love to hear it!
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Whoa. Good luck with that, sounds like they need to sort their stuff out.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Working...
                    X