Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Doggie! (Warning, VERY Image Heavy)

Our new boy, Tag that we adopted from the Humane Society:

We were told he was a Treeing Walking Coonhound/Beagle mix, which is pretty much what we said we weren't getting. No hounds, no puppies (he's 4 months), and around the size of our beagle, Ziggy (Humane Society people are telling us he's going to be huge). But he and Ziggy got along really well at the kennels and they've been playng extremely well together all afternoon. I'm pretty sure Ziggy is going to end up being Boss Dog, but we'll see.

And because I can never resist sharing pics of my fids, here are a couple shots of Oscar the cranky cockatiel:

I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

It's a bad idea to crate them together. It's supposed to be their den / private area.

That crate is also too big for either of them, it should be large enough for the dog to walk into, turn around and lie down.

Other than that, gratz on the new pet, it's always great to hear about animals leaving shelters with families!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

omg so cute. your fir/feather kids are adorable!
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        It's a bad idea to crate them together. It's supposed to be their den / private area.

That crate is also too big for either of them, it should be large enough for the dog to walk into, turn around and lie down.
        That was Mr Jedi's idea. And honestly, I'm not convinced Tag's going to grow into that crate. That one is a large and I'm pretty sure he would have been fine with a medium. Ziggy has a medium and it's probably a bit big for her, but with the way she stretches and sprawls in her sleep, it works out nicely. I've come in the kitchen some mornings to find her flat on her back, legs going everywhich way. And the research I did today on coonhounds only strengthens my suspicions. However, with his size at 4 months old, the adoption counselor told us he was going to grow up to be a big dog and we might as well buy the big crate now. It does come with a divider.

Unfortunately, we don't have room for both crates in our kitchen, which is the only room in the house the dogs are allowed (again, Mr Jedi's rule, not mine). Once we make sure Tag is sufficiently housetrained to last the night without accidents, we plan to let them sleep on dog beds outside of the crate. We did that when we had our friends' dogs over while they were out of town and it worked out really well.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Aw, puppy!!!!!

He's cute Those are some big feet for him to grow into, though!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Your cockateil is the spitting image of mine and mine is cranky too Hisses at me whenever I walk past the cage
            I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Working...
            X