This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut my finger... (slightly gross)

So, last Friday was not really a good day for me. I had gone to bed Thursday night with a headache bordering on a migraine, and it wasn't any better Friday morning. I ended up sleeping all of the morning and part of the afternoon because I hadn't slept well the night before and was feeling so lousy. The headache did finally ease up, but not until around 2:00.

Around 3:00 or so I got a call from my mom. Not unusual, we talk at least for a few minutes most days. She told me this story about a cat that crawled into a dryer and then got locked in when the dryer was turned on. For whatever reason, this story bothered the hell out of me. I love animals, especially cats, and I'm pretty sensitive to any kind of sad animal stories. So I got rather upset with my mom for telling me that story.

My husband and I were planning on going to a friend's birthday party that night, and I said I'd make dessert, which I had planned to do in the morning, but of course it got put off since I wasn't feeling well. So after getting off the phone with my mom, I decided I'd better get going with the dessert. I was making a brownie trifle and using a package of brownie mix. Well, I couldn't open the bag of the brownie mix by hand, so I took a (dull) kitchen knife to it, and promptly sliced my finger open.

I freaked out. I wrapped my other hand around my finger and ran into the bathroom, turned the water on, and stuck my finger under the water. By the time I got the water on, my other hand was covered in blood and the sink was filling up with blood fast. Blood was gushing out of the cut. It looked really bad. After rinsing it under cold water for a few seconds, I wrapped a towel around it in an attempt to stop the bleeding. And then I broke down and just bawled.

I cried in the bathroom for about 5 minutes, then looked at my finger which was still bleeding profusely and ended up calling my husband and begging him to come home. It was around 3:45 at this point and he gets off work at 5:00 anyway, and seeing as it was a Friday (and his wife had hurt herself) his boss didn't care that he left a little early. I couldn't tell at this point if I needed stitches or what, so he rushed home.

In retrospect, it was kinda silly for me to have called him home. Once he got home and got me calmed down, we managed to clean the cut and take a look at it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was and he didn't think I needed stitches so we just bandaged it up. But I had just been so upset, I didn't know what to do. Have you guys ever had those days, where you just end up bawling over something relatively minor? Yeah, that's what happened here.

The cut is healing up nicely now, though. It bled through a couple of bandages Friday night, but it's pretty much closed up now and doesn't really hurt unless I put pressure on it or bump it into something. The only downside, my husband said, was that if I was planning on committing any crimes lately, the police are going to know exactly who did it 'cuz my fingerprint is going to be very recognizable.

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it was
    Trust me, fingers bleed. A lot. Usually all out of proportion.

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
    The only downside, my husband said, was that if I was planning on committing any crimes lately, the police are going to know exactly who did it 'cuz my fingerprint is going to be very recognizable.
    You should see my left thumb. I really should try to get a picture of it.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      Trust me, fingers bleed. A lot. Usually all out of proportion.
      As do small cuts on the head/face. They can appear to be quite spectacular!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I find that at certain times, since I am female, I do tend to react to everything more strongly than usual. I just don't have a hubby to make a joke to make me feel better. You're a lucky girl. Glad you didn't need stitches. And more on-topic, I cut my thumbtip on a cheesegrater recently. Hurts to text.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I cut the daylights out of my finger 3 days ago on the edge of a can. Yes, I was being dumb. It bled so bad, I almost passed out. No stitches, though, and it's about healed.

I am sorry for your not good day. *offers cookies and tea* I just wish I could give some to the kitty. Have you gotten any updates? Hopefully he was just disoriented.
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I remember the time I cut my thumb with a BRANDNEW knife....sliced almost to the bone....

didn't cry....but man...it bled for nearly an hour and a half.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
              I cut the daylights out of my finger 3 days ago on the edge of a can. Yes, I was being dumb. It bled so bad, I almost passed out. No stitches, though, and it's about healed.
              Sounds like me and my thumb (except mine's now healed and has been for a few years now...)!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ooh, ooh! Ice skate to the finger! All I remember is everyone making a huge fuss, blood everywhere, and stitches. Ouch!

Comment

Quite a few years ago, I got a paper cut . On my thumb. Bled for 2 hours. Bled through any number of bandaids.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X