This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Son's Birthday And His Wisdom Teeth

Good news and bad news. Good news is today is my son Michael's birthday. He turns 19.

Bad news is. He has to get his wisdom teeth taken out today. Poor little guy, (Ok so he's not so liitle, he's 6'2 but he;s still little to me). I don't know how he managed to get this done on his birthday.

There is a bright side to this. At least he will be getting it over with. And he will be put sleep while getting this done.
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Happy birthday to your son, and good luck with the wisdom teeth! My husband had his out a few years ago, when he was in his early 20s, and he said it sucked at the time but they healed pretty quick.

Comment

I got mine out on New Year's Eve when I was 18. I was in bed well before the ball dropped.

I was originally supposed to get them out on the 28th, which I thought was bad enough, 3 days after Christmas. But then my parents decided we were going to Maryland to see my Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother, so it got rescheduled.

For the birthday boy: May I suggest ice cream cake?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I got all four of mine cut out early in the last semester of my senior year in college. It was a Friday morning. I arranged for one friend to pick me up and a few others to share their class notes for that day. I was up and around on Monday. It was all outpatient. I spent the weekend recovering.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, Michael called me yesterday. They decided to do fillings instead of taking out his wisdom teeth. They are going to schedule that for another time. Still not the best thing for his birthday, but at least it won't be as bad.
          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Not so sure about that. When I had mine done, I got all the milkshakes I wanted

Seriously though, I wasn't knocked out completely when my wisdom teeth came out. I saw many things that I really didn't need to see Even though I wasn't completely out, I was a bit loopy. Loopy enough, that driving home was out of the question...and I couldn't change the gauze myself. Dad had to do it, and the last time he did...he wasn't careful. One of the stitches got caught in the gauze Painful enough that I couldn't scream. Instead, I punched him in the face...and knocked him clear across the room That was about the worst of it. I was always a bit tired, and my face stayed puffy for a few days.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Every time I hear someone describe getting their wisdom teeth pulled, or remembering what my wife went through when she got hers pulled, I'm so glad mine never needed removing. They are fully in, and have plenty of room in case more teeth started showing up (which would be odd)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Seriously though, I wasn't knocked out completely when my wisdom teeth came out.
                I couldn't do that...no way in hell...

When I was 11, I had 4 teeth pulled (the first premolars) before I could get my braces on (I didn't have enough room for my teeth to move; that's how crooked they were). After I woke up they put me in a little room to recover for a while. After a bit I started getting antsy and asking to go home. Finally they let me get up, and I was standing next to my mom at the counter while she paid the bill (why she didn't do that while I was resting, I don't know). Well, I guess I wasn't recovered enough because I passed out...just long enough to fall, but I knew I was falling. I grabbed my mom's arm on the way down and took her with me.

When I got my wisdom teeth out, at 18 years old and 3 inches taller than my mom, for some reason she made my dad come with us...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X