This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in buisiness...

Hubby is being deployed again in August. Fun times! This means that I need to brush up on my Doula skills so that I don't go insane while he's gone.

Thankfully I had a former roommate, who was pregnant when she moved out, whom I had promised to help with her labor if she was still in the area when she went into labor.

She started having contractions on Thursday evening, but wasn't progressing so the hospital sent her home. (No surprise to me, since I knew that she wasn't in active labor. She just wanted to check and make sure.)

She walked a bit and settled down to sleep on my couch... wearing my Tinkerbell pajamas. (Ominous sounding, ain't it.)

Sure enough... she woke up around 4:30 in the morning and felt her water break. But she went back to sleep! On my couch. While wearing my pj's. For another 3 hours.

So I get up to get the kids off to school and she tells me that she's all wet and thinks her water broke. I got to spend the next 15 minutes cleaning the couch and tossing my pj's into the wash. At this point, she's really in labor.

Oh yay! Hubby's already gone with the van... so we get to take a taxi. FUN! 10 hours later, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy!

My first delivery in 10 months and it went wonderfully! What a boost to my ego.

(Not to mention how happy my friend was to finally get the little one out... Stubborn boy was 2 weeks late!)
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Yay babies!!

My boss's wife had a baby two weeks ago yesterday. She was scheduled for a c-section for the following Tuesday, but baby didn't want to wait. (She still had a c-section because he was in a bad position, which is why they were planning to do it in the first place.) Her water broke at like 4:30 in the morning, but she wasn't having contractions so they waited until 6 to call and wake the doctor and head to the hospital.

Baby's adorable and looks just like his daddy

Good luck to you and hubby while he's away.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congrats to your friend and to you! Brushing up on skills is never a bad thing.

Hope your couch and tinkerbell PJs are able to bounce back..Lol..

Comment

Congratulations.

But it does sound like you got a crash refresher course, doesn't it? Good for you for staying cool under pressure.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Congratulations.

But it does sound like you got a crash refresher course, doesn't it? Good for you for staying cool under pressure.
          Thanks!

Oh yeah. It was very fun, and I'm so glad that I was able to be there for her. (Aside: I found out yesterday that we're distantly related through our Cherokee heritage. She's my several-times-removed cousin!)

As for staying cool under pressure... I have a military spouse and four children. My choices are "Cool under pressure" and "OMG I'M GOING TO GO CRAZY!". .. .. .. I prefer not to go insane. The asylum may be restful, but the paperwork's a bitch.

And here's Caden! He was such a sweetie. Screamed right out and ended up kicking the side of the baby warmer hard enough to startle the nurse on the other side of the room.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NotSoInnocent; 03-23-2010, 01:57 AM. Reason: Added pic of Caden and new mommy!
          hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
          1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
          2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
          3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

What a cutie!

Comment

Working...
            X