X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod score!

I just have to brag.

4 years ago, the man bought me a 1st generation Ipod nano for my birthday. Smart man also bought the 2 year service plan from the store. Close to the end of that service plan, the Ipod started acting up - it wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour. So the last day of that plan, I took it in to the store to get fixed and they ended up replacing it. Not only did I get a brand new 3rd generation nano, but I also got a $100 refund because the price had dropped. You better believe I bought a service plan with that one. Best $20 ever spent.

So that service plan is set to expire in about 6 weeks. About a month ago, the 3rd generation starts having issues. I googled a solution, but nothing was working (it was turning on and off and on and off....until the battery died). I finally got a chance to take it in today and what did they do? Replace it. I am the proud new owner of a 5th generation (and I'm stoked about the new features). No price change this time, but I thought it was worth to shell out $30 for a new service plan. They have served me well so far.

But how do I get so unlucky with the Ipods, yet lucky with the service plans?

your not unlucky with the iPod's I remember when walkman's came out I went through around ten in five or so years.

Comment

There's a bit of luck involved... my first iPod lasted about six months, and was replaced under warranty. I can never remember which generation number is which, but it was 40GB and, I think, the last one not to have a color screen. No service plan. Its identical replacement also died after six months, though it's since revived itself and Mom uses it to this day. While it was dead, I bought my current one, the then-newish kind that played video, and it's lasted four years so far with no real trouble. Though I'm still annoyed that I cannot use Firewire with it like the old one, which did both that and USB.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

My current 4th Gen iPod nano is doing fine and coming up to about 2 years.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Had a 3rd gen 20gig for a while. Loved it. It started going well enough until shortly before this past Christmas. Good timing, i guess, as I scored a 32 gig iPod Touch, which i could not be happier with.

Comment

I've never had an iPod problem (other than my old one occasionally freezing, but it always rebooted fine)...though I just gave my old one to my dad and it's been sitting around my apartment since Christmas and the battery was dead (didn't think to charge it before I gave it to him last weekend). The iPod also crashes his computer for some reason, but my mom's new one also does that. He has to put it on his older computer instead.

I left all the music that I had on it, so when he plugged it in it told him there was all this purchased music that he couldn't transfer to his computer. Which is not that big a deal, seeing as how he probably wouldn't want most of it anyway.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been through about 5 of them now, but never had to buy one myself. Various random happenstances have led to people always giving me their older one when they upgrade.

Comment

Picked up a 3rd gen iPod Touch a couple weeks ago, ironically. Think I use it to listen to podcasts more then I do anything I actually paid for. >.>

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                  Had a 3rd gen 20gig for a while. Loved it. It started going well enough until shortly before this past Christmas. Good timing, i guess, as I scored a 32 gig iPod Touch, which i could not be happier with.
                  Rowr...just look at those blue eyes. *admires*

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    Rowr...just look at those blue eyes. *admires*
                    heh...

Comment

Working...
                    X