This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is more famous?

Some of you know where this is coming from, please do not explain why. Just feel free to answer the poll.

Who is more famous:
    Don Shula
    Larry the Cable Guy

Please do not look them up, if you haven't heard of either then select the third option.

Feel free to post your answer but do not get into the person. I'm looking for overall famousness, not here or there.
    Don Shula
    20.41%
    Larry the Cable Guy
    55.10%
    I haven't heard of either.
    24.49%
    Last edited by draggar; 03-28-2010, 10:12 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I don't know where this is coming from, actually. I am aware of both of them. While I am sure there are people that are aware of one and not the other, depending on who you talk to, overall with the average person, I would say Shula is probably far more famous.

After all, "legend" trumps "comedian" every time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I answered based on my own knowledge of the people. I know the name Don Shula but I don't know what he does off the top of my head. (And when I look it up I'm sure I will say "I knew that!") As to who is more famous in the world outside my head, probably not Larry.

Post-Google Edit: I knew that!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Larry the Cable Guy!!! Love the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Simplistic humour.

I have no idea who Don Shula is.
        Post Google Lookup --> Oh, yay. American football.

Comment

Quoth SansDoute View Post
          I have no idea who Don Shula is.
          Post Google Lookup --> Oh, yay. American football.
          This about sums it up for me. (Granted I don't like Larry the Cable Guy, but I've heard of him)
          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

I've heard the name "Larry the Cable Guy" before, and haven't heard of Don Shula.
            Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

As an American football fan fanatic, I am stunned. It's one thing for non-Americans not to know who Shula is, but Americans? Seriously? Am I that old? Or just the only football fan here?

Pardon me, but I am going to go hang my head in shame in the corner over there.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I had heard the name Shula, but couldn't associate it with anything. Just because we're Americans doesn't mean we like or know anything about football, Jester. (I personally find it to be extremely boring. So glad I'm at a basketball-centric school.)
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I am not a football fan. My "I knew that" was that I knew somewhere in my tiny brain that he was associated with football. That's the most I would have known anyway. I'd be lucky to be able to connect most teams to the city they come from.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A part of me died after seeing the results of this poll...
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've not heard of either of them.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Never heard of Don Shula, sorry. I hate voting for Larry the Cable Guy for anything - you suck for that!
                        "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I've heard of both, but the fact is that some people, even football fans, don't know some head coaches, and younger people who just recently started watching football probably won't know who Don Shula is.

Larry the Cable Guy has done movies (voice over and "acting"), stand up specials, he's all over Comedy Central, CMT, etc.

I too know where this is coming from, but I had to vote Larry.

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                            I've heard the name "Larry the Cable Guy" before, and haven't heard of Don Shula.
                            That would be me too. You weren't asking if we knew anything about them, right?

Quoth Jester View Post
                            As an American football fan fanatic, I am stunned. It's one thing for non-Americans not to know who Shula is, but Americans? Seriously? Am I that old? Or just the only football fan here?
                            I don't know if I can name a single current hockey player. At least, not with any knowledge that they're still playing. I think I have just shown how minor the lack of football knowledge on the part of Americans is.

Comment

Working...
                            X