This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved my car...AGAIN!!!

So today I get a call from my landlord that people have been complaining that because my car is parked where it's at, people are finding it hard to park in that area! Why they didn't just park in front of the building instead of the back beats the hell out of me.

She said she shouldn't have let me park my car there to begin with. So I told her I'd take care of it.

So I had someone help me push it in front of a fence in the back of a house that nobody is living in at the current time. It's off the street & not blocking anything or anyone. PLUS my one friend is planning to buy the house & it's ok with her where it's at.

I would junk it but I don't have the title cause the car isn't paid for yet. Got behind & some things had to be let go for a while. Only NOW are my finances getting back to a square footing.

People keep asking me when I'm going to get it fixed but I don't have the money to get it fixed either. The head gasket went bad a while back & when it was at the service station a while ago I was quoted a $1,500 figure for the cost of the repair. Money that I just don't have.

Eventually It'll get paid off & when it does then I'm going to junk it. Then it'll be a long long long time before I buy another car. I'm tired of dealing with cars. I'd rather use my bicycle...lol.

You could try putting an ad up for it, even if it doesn't work right.

I actually had a guy buy a barely-functional car from me because it had a hatch back, and he was going to use it to sleep in. It had the same problem: the head gasket had gone, and it would take abou $1200 to get it working properly, although it still ran at that point.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Usually a head gasket is quite easy to fix. Unbolt the head, put a new gasket on, bolt it back up. (Yes, I've skipped a lot of details.) The problem is that the things that usually cause a head gasket to fail also tend to cause other, much more severe damage. Usually a head gasket failure is a symptom of overheating, and overheating can cause very severe damage to things that are very expensive to fix.

Overheating is usually caused by a failure in the cooling system in the first place - something that is much cheaper and easier to fix if you notice it before actual overheating happens. This in turn is *so* much easier if you have a temperature gauge - or at least a temperature warning light - instead of a single, all-purpose "idiot light".

Comment

Working...
      X