This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant figure out a old song.

Gah. Any help? Yeah. And the help I going give sucks. I'm terrible at hearing what real lyrics say. That being said...

It's a older song. Like 70's. I think it might be a disco... though even that i'm not sure. As for the main lyric that I can totally remember sounding LIKE (not that it is)

Ether V R roma...
    We are Roma?
    We are roman?
    We are roaming...

Typically sang by a woman. That tends to be her main line. I think she says it ether twice or three times, with a ooh in the beginning of the first line. The rest of the song is by a guy, though I can never remember what he sings. Its been driving me nuts, and I wanna know who sang it.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Gah. I know that song, and now I have the ghost of the woman's part in the back of my head.

>.<

Unfortunatley, I can't get any more than that, so I'm no help.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If it possibly helps, I use to own it on 8track. The 8 track was red and/or orange colored. Had 6-9 songs. Don't know any of the other songs.
      Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Two possibilites come to mind:

Natural Woman (though there's no man in it)

Proud Mary (Ike and Tina Turner version)

I listen to oldies a lot so I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Comment

Nether of those. Thanks though. I would have totally remembered Aretha Franklin in anycase .

Gah. Its been driving me nuts for a very long time. For the longest time I swore the girl was saying VR ROMA.
          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

As in, "Vee Are Roma"?

Do you remember anything about the characteristics of the song? Length? Instruments used? Tempo?

Comment

Not really. It was somewhat slow during that Vee are Roma bit. Thats really the only part of the song I remeber. It was a bit of a longer song too.
              Military Spouse Support.

Comment

So I decided to read every song from oldies station until I found it.

I did.

Electric Light Orchestra: Evil Woman.

Its not V R Roma I hear.

Its Ev-il wooooman.
                Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Okay, I know that song very well. So well that at one time, I had it set as the ring tone for my ex-girlfriend on my phone.

But from your initial description, I never would have gotten it. Especially since there is no woman singing, merely guys singing in a high pitch. (There may be a chick singing backup in parts, but even if there is, in the chorus, it's mainly guys.)

ELO rocks. Love their stuff.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey, Plaid, ELO was a bunch of dudes.

But that style of falsetto singing was in fashion back then, so it's understandable you'd think he might be a chick.

Great song.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      So I decided to read every song from oldies station until I found it.

I did.

Electric Light Orchestra: Evil Woman.

Its not V R Roma I hear.

Its Ev-il wooooman.
                      *STARES*

EQ is gonna EAT YOU when she finds out (if she's still heavy into ELO at least).

And I will be there to laugh.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Now I need to dig out my cds and rip them...THANKS! :P :P :P
                        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I'm embrassed about that. Sorry uh.. everyone. didn't mean it to be like that. I honestly thought it was a girl.
                          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

's OK. Before the show they clamp vise-grips on their 'nads so they can hit the high notes.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ahhhh Mystery solved! Glad you figured it out, Plaid.

Don't feel bad about mistaking the gender of the singer(s). When Neil Sedaka released Laughter in the Rain, in the mid-'70's, I didn't catch his name at first, and thought it was a woman singing. Wasn't aware at the time, of his work from the '50's when the male falsetto voice, IMHO, seemed more suited to the song styles of the era.

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X