This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery in the morning!

I have to be at hospital tomorrow morning at 6:30, surgery is at 7:30. The plan is to go in laproscopically, with one of the incisions being extended to 10cm to remove the turmor. Should be out of surgery by 9-9:30 and go home sometime late tomorrow evening. I'll post to let everyone know I'm okay hopefully Sat or Sun.

Well-wishes and prayers please.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Good luck!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Good luck.

Keep us posted.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrow.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

More good luck from me too
            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

And even more good luck from me. You do have someone to take care of you when you get home, right? In some ways I think the keyhole operations hurt more in the short run, the air they blow in to make room pull at a lot of muscles in the abdomen.

Comment

Sending good wishes. Hope this went well.

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Hope you're healing fast!

Comment

Back home from hospital

The surgery unfortunatley did not go as planned. The tumor had grown to the size of a grapefruit and so the surgeon had to open me up like w/ a cesearan instead of the laproscopic procedure. As a result, I was in hospital until Sunday afternoon with a lovely morphine pump and they sent me home with a nice big bottle of vicodin. Today is the first day I've been non-doped up enough to be somewhat coherent. My mom is here taking good care of me. Thank you so much for your prayers and positive thoughts. It really helps to know you've go so many people behind you. I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next few weeks, but I'll try to at least keep y'all updated as to my progress.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

That sucks! Sorry to hear they had to open you up the old fashioned way, but I'm glad you're home and on the mend now! Take it slow and easy...when I had my laproscopic surgery done, a lot of people were like, "Oh yeah, I was up and about a couple days after my surgery, you'll be back to work fulltime in a week!" Yeah...BS. Took me a lot longer than that to heal. So don't strain yourself. Let your mom and whoever else is with you take care of things for a while!

Comment

Welcome home, welcome back and rest up! Don't push it, post when you feel up to it!
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*lots of gentle hugs*
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They did get it out, though, right?

Rapscallion

Comment

Yup. My left ovary and the tumor it had become are no more.

I am now officially ovaryless. Fortunately, the hormone patch on my hip is keeping from becoming menopausal.

But, she was able to save my uterus...so we've got invitro w/ donor eggs still as a viable option for offspring.

Had my staples out today and was told the official pathology report was benign. So's that's all to the good.
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X