This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage Bread.

Heat 2-3 T olive oil in large pan, add 1 finely chopped small onion. Cook until translucent. Add 1 lb. sausage, brown and break into small pieces. Roll out a can of refrigerated crescent rolls or those baking sheets (if use crescent rolls, press perforations together to seal). Spread about 1 cup mozzarella cheese leaving edges of rolls bare. Top with sausage, add pepperoni or canadian bacon if want, then cover with more mozzarella. Fold edges over, press to seal. Brush with an egg white and sprinkle with italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

I actually like it better when cooled rather than eating hot out of the oven.
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      I read the first line, and almost didn't read the rest. After all, I am famous for saying, "I don't bake--I cook." But what you described isn't baking. It's cooking in an oven. Baking is when you bake desserts, pastries, bread...you know, cooking stuff where you have to measure exactly!
      i suppose you're right...but my mom always taught me that if it's on the stove, it's cooking. in the oven, it's baking.

and i mis-typed something...it's not generously sprinkle with parmesan cheese...it's dump about a quarter inch of cheese on top so it gets all crunchy and yummy when it's baked. er...cooked in the oven ^_^
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Technically speaking, your mother was right. After all, when I turn the oven on, I turn the knob to "bake."

But realistically speaking, when someone tells me they were "baking," I expect brownies, pastries, bread, or dessert of some sort. Don't you?

After all.....what does a baker make?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I do a sausage caserole that is very basic, but can be added to.

Cut about 6-8 sausages into bite size pieces, brown in a frypan with chopped onions, capsicum, garlic and a good dose of worchestershire sauce. Once brown add a couple tins of chopped tomatos (if you have flavoured ones even better) season to taste.

Thats the base - you can add on anything you like. Vegies, chilies, etc...... I serve mine either with brown rice or if I'm feeling naughty, creamy mashed potatoes.

It freezes well too, so you can make up a big batch and freeze some for another meal

If you try the beer mustard sauce one, let me know how it turns out - sounds interesting.
          "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
          "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
          "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
            If you try the beer mustard sauce one, let me know how it turns out - sounds interesting.
            I had the idea of a beer mustard sauce while at work when thinking about this. I then came home and started looking on the net for recipes. What I normally do is find a few recipes of some idea I have had, take bits and pieces from different recipes, and create my own version, sometimes to very good results...and sometimes not so much.

Still A Customer."

Comment

[QUOTE=

Explain? Please? Sounds intriguing.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much the same as a sausage cassarole, same ingredients, I put onion and a bit of potato in mine and serve with rice.

It's quick, easy and the kids love it.
              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

But how is that "deviled sausage"?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  But how is that "deviled sausage"?
                  It's just what we Aussies call it
                  I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                  X