This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth I8DaCookie View Post
    Roaches - Lived in a house infested with one.
    Wow, that must have been one hell of a roach.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
      Bite your head off, man.

I admit it, bees, wasps and hornets make me extremely nervous. It's as much the allergy to bee venom as the way they fly around... Egh...
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
        /hides trembling in corner with a large supply of sprays & rolled up newspapers....
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

If cockroaches actually could survive nuclear bombs and the radiation, I'd envy them.
          Last edited by TonyF; 04-18-2010, 11:46 AM. Reason: I love being vague.
          In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Comment

*cuddles giant roach*

*looks at everyone else giving looks of horror*

... What? O_o
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Cobwebs.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                Cobwebs.
                But not their inhabitants?
                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

What am I afraid of? Tends to be a bit different from "what do I respect?" now doesn't it.

I respect bees and wasps. I've been stung on five or six (more?) separate occasions by wasps. Never by a bee, luckily. I stay away from the hovering insects. I mean, there's just no good reason to be near one. Bees are cool, though, at least. Wasps are the troublemakers.

I fear the world stopping making any sense, or losing its rationality. If a rule we all take for granted suddenly stops being true, and nobody notices it, that would freak me out far, far too much. I don't even have any examples of this, it freaks me out so much. Maybe the next one would shed some light on the subject:

When people can contradict themselves freely, it scares the hell out of me. Consider the following scenario:

Him: Sit down.
                  Me: *sits down*
                  Him: I DIDN'T SAY SIT DOWN!!!
                  Me: Yes you did! O_O
                  Him: NO I DIDN'T!!

That and similar scenarios are constantly running through my head; not as much out of fear, but out of the need to prepare for when or if it does happen. It's just the ease of the possibility of it happening that scares me. Like, without a witness or something, how easily can you be screwed without a paddle for that creek you're sailing down?

Another fear is the loss of hearing or sight. Without my sight, I don't even want to be alive. I can't imagine what it is to be without the use of my eyes.
                  SC: "Are you new or something?"
                  Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                    Another fear is the loss of hearing or sight. Without my sight, I don't even want to be alive. I can't imagine what it is to be without the use of my eyes.
                    I'd be lost without my ears before I'd be lost without my sight. I've spent a lot of time thinking about things like this, though I'm not sure I could tell you why.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Spiders and centipedes. Anything else I can deal with. Bees? fine, if I don't irritate it it won't sting me. Mealworms? Can grab them with my bare hands (I have a hedgehog mealworms are his chocolate). Snakes? hand 'em over! I can deal with big sharp pointy teeth, had my bottom lip almost ripped off by a terrier once but still love dogs. Doesn't matter what size they are, if it's a spider or a centipede I scream like a little girl and levitate.

Oh right, and Chucky dolls. Those scare the everliving snot out of me. Watched a Chucky marathon (I'm a horror movie fan). Next day went into a store and backed into one of the buggers out of its box. To this day I can't get near them.
                      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                        But not their inhabitants?
                        Took care of that earlier in the thread with creepy crawlies.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I fear the world stopping making any sense, or losing its rationality. If a rule we all take for granted suddenly stops being true, and nobody notices it, that would freak me out far, far too much.
                          It wouldn't freak you out, because you wouldn't have noticed it

Oh right, and Chucky dolls. Those scare the everliving snot out of me. Watched a Chucky marathon (I'm a horror movie fan). Next day went into a store and backed into one of the buggers out of its box. To this day I can't get near them.
                          They actually make those things?

Took care of that earlier in the thread with creepy crawlies.
                          Sorry; lost track of who'd said what and thought that was your only entry.
                          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Four things for me:
                            -Revolving doors
                            -The grates/doors on the sidewalks (like in NYC), can't walk over them AT ALL.
                            -Clowns, specifically the yarn kind, like in Poltergeist (I had one, my grand-mother made it. After I saw that movie I had to hide it).
                            -Have to have the closet door closed when I sleep. This was after reading Cujo (monster in the closet)
                            "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
                            "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                              Sorry; lost track of who'd said what and thought that was your only entry.
                              It's all good.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                                My phobias:

sleeping without something over me
                                THANK YOU! I thought I was the only person who HAD to sleep with something on. For me, though, it can't be just clothes. I can either be naked, or be bundled up in 20 long john outfits, and still feel the same. I must be covered with a blanket

About the roaches, I think they're gross but I don't have a fear of them.

I love horror movies, esecially Paranormal Activity. That was an awesome movie, scared the living crap out of me.
                                Last edited by phantasy; 04-23-2010, 05:58 PM.
                                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X