This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOHOO! Hell's Kitchen returns!!

The show starts a new season on June 10th!!

Yes, I am addicted to the show, and have damn near memorized every season.

Why do I love it so much, you ask?

Well, lots of reasons: I like cooking, it inspires me to try new things, and it honestly reminds me to strive for excellence and personal responsibility.

But I am in many ways a VERY shallow person, and I have to submit some photo evidence of the REAL reason I can't stop watching.

*drool*
    Last edited by JoitheArtist; 04-16-2011, 09:24 PM.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Heh. My lady and I enjoy it, too. We're big fans of Chef Ramsay and his drive for excellence. We watch Kitchen Nightmares regularly, too.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Yay! I love the show. But the man doesn't like me watching it when the kids are around.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
        Heh. My lady and I enjoy it, too. We're big fans of Chef Ramsay and his drive for excellence. We watch Kitchen Nightmares regularly, too.
        I LOVE Kitchen Nightmares! Especially when he manages to get some young punk to man up, learn respect, and be responsible for the first time.

I also love The F Word--I think it's a really fun, creative show, but it's harder for me to find online.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Yep, we watch that, too. We get BBC America, so get all of that we want.

One bit I'd love to see - won't, I know, but would love - is to get so-called 'Top Chefs' into Hell's Kitchen, and see how well they really handle a line.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

One bit I'd love to see - won't, I know, but would love - is to get so-called 'Top Chefs' into Hell's Kitchen, and see how well they really handle a line.
            I agree!! The food and chefs on that show seem a bit poncy--their final challenge each week often seems no tougher than the warmup challenges in Hell's Kitchen! And the food seems to be the type that only appeals to critics, whereas I REALLY want to try the food in HK. Seriously, the Top Chefs get away with calling "foam" food?? It's freakin' flavored air!!

Comment

Oh, I wasn't talking about the show - though I think I have to agree with you, there. I was talking about other celebrity chefs, like Bobby Flay, and other Food Network chefs. I like a lot of them, but I'd still like to see how well they could run an evening at Hell's Kitchen.
              Last edited by Stormraven; 04-18-2010, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Awesome!! And I have to also agree with your main reason for watching

Comment

Rowr...he is one sexy man.

Comment

And he's a sexy man WHO CAN COOK!!

Comment

Oh, I wasn't talking about the show - though I think I have to agree with you, there. I was talking about other celebrity chefs, like Bobby Flay, and other Food Network chefs. I like a lot of them, but I'd still like to see how well they could run an evening at Hell's Kitchen.
                      I wouldn't count on them failing miserably as you might think. Most of those celebrity chefs do own very successful and very busy restaurants and work the line on a majority of their days in the week. I'm sure Chef Robert Irvine for example would consider it a vacation!

Overall though, I'm "meh" on Hell's Kitchen myself. Disregarding Fox's approach to making Gordon look like a hateful, bitter man constantly (I have a rant on that in Fratching), all I see on that show are people who are nothing but ego trips and think they should be worshiped just because they're on the show, despite performing sub par in the kitchen (like the fishmonger who can't cook fish, or the "executive chef" who knew nothing about fine dining, didn't care that she couldn't identify ingredients and refused to understand where the food she cooks come from). These people are some of the worst performing chefs I've seen being pushed to the front of a very long list for a position(with no one below a 3 star chef on it) and thinking they're the best thing ever. They show no teamwork, no pride in their work, and could give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves. Sure, it's entertaining for a short time, but then it grates on you how they got there with that attitude.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

On the whole, I agree: large percentages of the contestants are semi-delusional (which to be honest, I find fascinating), almost all have insane egos, and far far too many think of it as being "given" their own restaurant. Which is probably why, when you look at the winners, quite a few of them only serve a few months at the restaurant before quitting, or never have their contracts renewed.

But I have to say, I thought Dave (winner of season 6) was different: his ego always seemed to be under control, he was a steady worker, seemed EAGER to be a steady worker, and worked most of the show with a severely damaged wrist without asking for (or receiving) special treatment. I was very impressed by him, and it'll be interesting to see where his career goes in the future.

Comment

Never watched Hell's Kitchen - I don't watch much TV and....meh. So, he's angry. He's mean. He's talented. And, IMO, he's not attractive. Re: Food Network, I refer you to my culinary idol, Mr. Anthony Bourdain: http://blog.ruhlman.com/2007/02/guest_blogging_.html. An oldie but a goodie. I agree with him on all but Giada, she can go DIAF with her phony Italian accent. You're from SoCal, honey, you ain't no Mario. And, please, get Paula Deen off the air. I'm Southern and find her recipes atrocious and nearly offensive.

I would be surprised to find Bobby Flay on the line of Mesa Grill, he's too being in every single freakin' Iron Chef America episode. Seriously, I haven't seen a Miramoto or Batali episode in forever!
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            Never watched Hell's Kitchen - I don't watch much TV and....meh. So, he's angry. He's mean. He's talented. And, IMO, he's not attractive.
                            Actually I don't find him particularly angry or mean--sure, you'll get in trouble if you screw up in the kitchen, but outside of it, he's quite calm. And even when he's mad, I never get the sense of him being out of control.

But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Just to clarify further, I'm sure most, if not all, of the Food Network chefs would do immeasurably better than any of the contestant chefs.

But I do believe that many of them have been off the line long enough that it would be an interesting thing to see them working one.

Comment

Working...
                              X