This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate and sucky neighbor.

Yesterday mom and I were going to head out when I saw a woman walking her two dogs. At first I thought nothing of it...

....Until she let her mutt take a shit right in our front yard! She picked it up, but that isn't the point.

My mom was furious, and she went outside to tell her. This is were the neighbor got sucky as well.

SN = sucky neighbor.

Mom: Excuse me, why did you let your dog poop right in our lawn?

SN: I picked it up.

Mom: That doesn't matter. It's still my lawn!

SN: The association owns the lawn, not you.

Mom: Um, yes I do. It says so right in our property survey.

SN: Well that's bullshit!

Mom: Take it however you want but do NOT let your dogs shit in our lawn again.

The woman walks away with a cat butt face.

And what the neighbor said about the association owning the lawn was bullshit, BTW. I looked at the survey myself and we indeed own the front and back yards. She was trying to justify her inconsiderate actions.

I don't get it...how is this sucky if the neighbor picked up her dog's crap immediately afterward?

Comment

I hate it when I see a dog do any kind of busines in my yard. I don't care if it's pick up or not. My yard isn't a toilet. It would be the same to me if the owner themselves just pulled down their pants, shit and picked it up.

What if there was a parasite in the dog poo, and just picking the poo up didn't take the parasite with them? (I'm a really big "what if" person when it comes to sicknesses)

Your mom was totally correct by bitching at that lady. I do the same thing every so often.

I'm not really a dog person. I prefer cats, and my cats will always be indoors. (I don't have any pets at the moment, but still) I like dogs anyway. If I have one, though, I'll always take them to a public dog-friendly park or a place that people don't go very often, but definately not someones personal property.
      Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
        I don't get it...how is this sucky if the neighbor picked up her dog's crap immediately afterward?
        It's the principal of it. If I owned a dog, I wouldn't let it shit in someone else's yard.

Comment

I don't think you can exactly stop a dog if it has to go, though. Picking it up is really all you do, and she did. I wouldn't be annoyed by that.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Had someone call the police on someone else in the neighborhood for letting their dog poop in his yard, that was cleaned up.

Cop told the guy he lives in a neighborhood and has to learn to expect things like that, and if the dog owner cleans it up there's nothing wrong with it. Dog's gonna go where it wants and if you yank it away then it'll think it was doing wrong and not want to go.

Just an FYI.

Comment

as a dog owner i have to say you really over reacted.
              if you have a problem with it yelling at the owner isnt going to help.
              unless the owner walked up on to your yawn and was telling the dog to poop there it isnt their fault the dog desided right then they had to go.
              if you dont want them to go there build a fence. thats all you can do. and unless your whole front yard is a garden it isnt going to help.
              your mom yelling at the dog owner is what was sucky in this story.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
                Yesterday mom and I were going to head out when I saw a woman walking her two dogs. At first I thought nothing of it...

....Until she let her mutt take a shit right in our front yard! She picked it up, but that isn't the point.

Since the owner just let it happen, I would still mention that I would rather she didn't do it. I would call the police though, or start creaming and yelling.

Dogs can learn good places to go, and bad places to go. Inside your house would be a bad place to go, and they're trained not to go there. The dog can be trained to go only on your yard, and if you dont have a yard and must walk the dog (or just prefer to take a walk to the park with them) then teach them to wait until you get to the park. They waited to get outside of the house, then they can wait for a "good place to go"
                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

is there a park in the area? is it a dog that could walk there if is one? how long has the dog had to wait for a walk? assuming the dog could 'wait' is like you not being around a bathroom all day and being told when you finally get to a public or your bathroom that you cant go because someone doesnt like you. its inhumane and not reasonable.
                  now if op lived across the street from or just alittle bit away from a park maybe.
                  but i know if my do g had to wait for me to get to a park she would be dead from intestinal problems or exhaustion because i dont live near one and she is a pug, a dog known for not being good with long long walks and she has some hip problems.

Comment

I never allow my dogs to urinate on people's lawns. It kills the grass.

But poop? Sure. It's solid, I pick it up, and leave not a trace.

I'll admit that if I see someone outside their house, I don't let my dogs crap in front of them. It's kinda rude to force someone to see that. I've always had dogs, so it doesn't bother me. But I can't assume everyone has that attitude.

To me, what it comes down to is this: If your mom hadn't seen it, she would never have known about it. There was no property damage. The neighbour will probably not let that happen again, now that he knows it bothers your mom.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I have a dog. I walk him regularly. Sometimes he just has to go. I can say "NO!" or try and pull him away, he still has to go. What I'm struggling with here, however, is that the poop was PICKED UP. She didn't start finger painting on the side of your house with it, she picked it up! Presumably to take it away! Picking up = no more poop on the grass. Not to sound sarcastic, but what does your mom do when birds poop on the lawn?

I'm not sure if it's just how you wrote about the conversation, but it sounds like your mom came out of the corner swinging - generally when people are attacked, their first instinct is to attack back. Had she said something along the lines of "Excuse me, would you mind not allowing your dog to poop on my lawn, please?" it would have had a different outcome.
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        I have a dog. I walk him regularly. Sometimes he just has to go. I can say "NO!" or try and pull him away, he still has to go. What I'm struggling with here, however, is that the poop was PICKED UP. She didn't start finger painting on the side of your house with it, she picked it up! Presumably to take it away! Picking up = no more poop on the grass. Not to sound sarcastic, but what does your mom do when birds poop on the lawn?

I'm not sure if it's just how you wrote about the conversation, but it sounds like your mom came out of the corner swinging - generally when people are attacked, their first instinct is to attack back. Had she said something along the lines of "Excuse me, would you mind not allowing your dog to poop on my lawn, please?" it would have had a different outcome.
                        That's what my mom basically said. That's when dog lady fired back with the lie that we don't own our lawn, which is basically saying "I don't care I can do what I want."

Comment

Based on the OP, she didn't just ask the dog lady to do that elsewhere.

She marched out and started with an accusatory query. That put the dog lady on the defensive from the get-go and it all went downhill from there.

Ther's a huge difference between a calm and polite, "Oh, hey, could you try to have your dog go somewhere other than on my lawn, please?" and a clearly-agitated and confrontational, "Hey! Why the hell are you letting your dog take a shit on my lawn?"

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Look at it this way...it could be worse. The neighborhood I work in, is pretty run down, and the crackheads who live there don't pick up after their animals. It's standard operating procedure to check the sidewalk when leaving or entering the building--there's always puke or dog shit on the sidewalk
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Im going to go with a majority of the posters and say that if it was picked up, I dont see why it was an issue.

I know that training dogs to go in good and bad places is possible, but you cant always stick a cork in their butt and pull it out when youre good and ready. Just like the old commercial "Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go RIGHT NOW!!" LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X