This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crapcrapcrap... U/S revealed "abnormaility"

I had an ultrasound screening today preparatory for my hysterectomy next month.

I've heard all kinds of stuff from the techs that do ultrasounds, but it's never good when they get a look of shock not even a quarter of the way through the exam and start exchanging concerned whispers.

They wouldn't tell me what they saw ("We're just techs, not doctors.") but they've also been techs for a very long time. Long enough to know what's normal and what's not.

So when I overhear "Right (mutter mutter) enlarged (mutter) centimeters at least (mutter)... No, it's not the angle (mutter)... Try (mutter mutter) get a clear image. (Mutter mutter mutter)", I'm probably ok to freak out a little bit.

My next appointment is the 20th, so maybe I'll find out exactly what they saw that freaked two experienced ultrasound techs out enough to start exchanging information in front of an already spooked patient.
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

I'll do some prayin and hopin it's not the C-word. You're in my thoughts.

Comment

I feel your pain. I totally freaked a tech out when my first ovarian tumor was found, it of the regulation NFL football size....

It will be okay.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

*huggle*
        hope it turns out okay for ya
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

Sending positive thoughts, NSI...

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way.

Comment

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way NSI
              Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                Sending good thoughts your way.
                Ditto. At least you'll know Tuesday.

Comment

Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

*snuggles tight* Hopefully it's not something that may delay all of the other apointments.

Comment

Deep breaths, NSI! Deep. Breath.

It's scary and horrifying, but just take a few deep breaths, and wait and see (as hard and as unhelpful as that sounds) We're all here pulling for you and supporting you. If you want, shoot me a PM. I've gone through similar scares multiple times in the past, and was there for my mom when she had the exact same thing happen (including the surgery). I'm a willing shoulder if you need one.

Comment

We're here for ya girl.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                        X