This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Made mama bear rules (venting)

trust me peoples these are here for YOUR PROTECTION!

rule numbah one, dun get between mama lexia and her cub
    rule numbah two, even if i am wrong - yet my cub is not harmed and is ok - do not call me out on it in pub-lick, unless you are ready for a pub-lick throw down.
    rule numba three, dun provoke the lexia bear unless you want to get torched burned. (lexia was created as a character and her main power is fire and randomly igniting things or people on fire that did a bad thing)

rule number four for those it applies to, dun provoke daddy bear in an attempt to get him to side with you, as he will also call you out on it and we all walk away.

long story short I asked for help from MIL that if not from her someone in the family to watch my daughter for two to three hours thursdays while i go to my therapy group. apparently she waited until last minute to pass this on with the excuse that i forgot. well its not the first time she did this, and to me that feels like if someone waits until last minute with certain things then they feel its not that important to them.
    Excuse me, my mental health is just as important as yours or my husbands. thats ok its not important for you to see your only son's kid. just like its not important for her to clean her house and trust me her house is bordering on hoarder style dirty

thank you for letting me vent

Quite understandable........I had somewhat similiar gripes back in the day with my sister and her husband. Only what they would do is agree to babysit my daughter, then back out at the last minute, and I wasn't "supposed" to get upset or angry with them.

Comment

I can sympathize. My in-laws generally just like to break promises made, and I find it quite easy to just ignore them. It helps that they all hate me and over the years have each said some pretty despicable things to me, so hubby dearest understands when I don't go over there and am barely civil when they come here.

Screw those selfish wenches, I say! Your health, mental or otherwise, should be your number one priority, as well as pretty darn high on the list of anyone who loves your child. I would be all mama bear too! If she loved her grandson, your mother in law would want what is best for him - a loving, sane mother who isn't in jail for murdering her MIL.

What? I'm just sayin'.
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

yeah well i ate my words in the past few days.

mostly because we had to go to PICU for two days. daughter is ok, me, not so much.
        I was doing great with my therapy and then all of a sudden took 40 steps back and barely 5 steps forward after all of this

Comment

How does your MIL "forgetting" that she agreed to babysit for you while you go to your appointment translate to "dun getting between mama lexia bear and her cub"?

I also don't quite get how rule numbas two and three apply... but maybe there's more to the story that was not mentioned in the OP.

It might not be a bad idea to ask someone else to watch your "cub" for the next appointment... Also, ask them YOURSELF, don't ask your MIL to arrange it on your behalf.
          Last edited by poofy_puff; 04-23-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Poof has a point. i was asking if she knew anyone, so that I could ask myself. but like I said i ate my words. its not just her its other people trying to butt in and tell me oh i should be doing this or that. trying to handle daughter without permission....

I'm not going to need a baby sitter anymore. not after what happened. I plan on staying home more.

While in the hospital MIL proved that she does care...and I didn't know the whole story.
            So...if I do venture outside to see a counselor she comes with or I don't go at all.

its a long story in which having repeated so many times I don't really want to post it here. no offense to people here its just reliving it again is painful each time

Comment

Hey, I'll bebe sit! Just drop her off at my house in New Mexico. We'll play in the dirt (I'm working on a garden) and play video games until our thumbs fall off.

...I have a park near my house with swings? We can go on the swings! I LIKE SWINGS!
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

ooh i wish EQ i wish...hugs

Comment

Working...
                X