This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went To the Auction today

When i got there i looked around i found something i feel in love with.

An art deco antique wardrobe.
    it had a matching vanity and dresser that even if i could afford i would have no room for but the wardrobe.... oh i had to have that wardrobe.

It is so beautiful and will be a good replacement for my dresser with the dying leg.

All i need to do is deside what i want to do with the actual wardrobe part.

see it is in this type of style (Awesomeness) except it has more details and the big drawer is on the other side.

in that part is suppose to be a rob to hand clothing on but its missing it.
    I am considering buying a dowel and a board to use as a rob and a upper shelf on that part.

Or i can just use it as storage for my ... boxes of stuff for my future.

So many decisions...

it i do the rod and the shelf i use it to store my few dresses and my jackets... and of course a few boxes.

if i was a shoe girl i would just buy shoe rack stuff and make it a giant shoe rack.

i need to a take a picture still but i wanted to say this.

the wardrobe had a ceder smell, meaning it was probably lined with ceder, and my sister didnt like it.

instead of just leaving it alone she sparyed disinfectant on my wardrobe.

ON MY WOOD STAINED WARDROBE!! do you know what disinfectant does to varnish? IT MAKES IT GO BYE BYE! there are spots on it now.

Comment

She sprayed on the outside??!!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Time to strip it and revarnish it.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Time to strip it and revarnish it.
          The sister?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

umm... Your sister then has no clue that the best way to get rid of the smell of Cedar is to put a knee high stocking in the wardrobe and fill it with potpourri, or a cotton ball soaked lightly spritzed with a perfume or air freshener spray? (if using the cotton ball you just have to make sure it doesn't come in contact with the varnish - so hanging it from the center of the wardrobe is best (a push-pin may be needed for this)

and furthermore - its YOUR wardrobe, not hers, where does she get off doing anything to it? she should've mentioned to you that the smell bothers her, and can you please do something...

*can you tell i grew up with siblings?*
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

oh i wish had the time to do so im just going to have to wait to do that.
              but i did notice alittle revitalation with a very hydrating peldge. but just enough to make it less noticeable i my dark room.
              she sprayed it the outside and on the inside

Comment

I just dont see how your sister thought that made any sense WHATSOEVER!!!

Comment

It's CEDAR! Even if you don't like it it's not a good scent to get rid of. Would you rather mothballs?

Comment

shes a germapobie a smell she doesnt like means bacteria she has to kill.

but i win it still smells like ceder.

Comment

Working...
                    X