This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm a foster fur-momma!

so my brother got a promotion and had to move to chicago. unfortunately, he couldn't take his dog with him. so we're taking care of her! and by "we" i mean since i'm living at my parents house for now...yeah. but she's sleeping up in my room and i'm pretty much responsible for feeding/walking/ect. my dad's not too keen on having another pet so the theory is that if we can find her a good local home, she'll go there. but i really hope i get to keep her.
    right now she's taking up a good portion of my bed. i have a twin. i have a feeling this sleeping arrangement isn't going to last too long. if i had a bigger bed, sure.
    her name is Ola and she's a pound dog. she's rottweiler/german shepherd/something else mix. she's just a sweety.
    i'll post pics of her when i take some.
    yay dog! i've wanted a pooch for a long while.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

I love dogs. Back when I had Carmen, a Doberman mix, she and my cat, Molly, would sleep at the end of my twin-sized bed. It was a very tight squeeze, but worth it. I'm just glad my new dog, Casey- a Bloodhound mix, has taken to sleeping on a blanket on the couch.

Comment

I want a doggy

When I slept in the twin bed with Pablo (5-pound Chihuahua), he still managed to take up half the bed.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dogs, pshaw...no one crowds like a cat! The smaller the cat, the bigger the push they put on you, too...our skinny lanky boy is the king of bed hogging, far above the two fluffy females or his plump, content brother.
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
          Dogs, pshaw...no one crowds like a cat! The smaller the cat, the bigger the push they put on you, too...our skinny lanky boy is the king of bed hogging, far above the two fluffy females or his plump, content brother.
          I'm housesitting for my parents this week and this morning I woke up to Girlcat shoving her face into my face. Which is cute and all but it makes my eyes itchy (and I'm not even allergic to them). Plus her hard little head hurts!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've never had a dog decide that my chin (doing push-ups) is clearly being held there for them to rub their back along.

Comment

....Pictures please? I am dying to see the cute puppy!
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

lol she's not exactly a "puppy," but here's one i took today.
                Attached Files

^_^

Comment

Awwww! So cute in that little bed!
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

she is so weird with that bed. my parents used to dog-sit her occasionally when my brother would be out of town. she had that bed in the guest room and she would always sleep in it. then when she became a permanent member of the household, the bed moved up into my room. but she wouldn't sleep in it. she would lay in front of it, next to it...but never actually in it. finally she claimed an arm chair that's in my room as her bed. so we moved her dogbed down next to the couch so she can have a safe place from the cat.

^_^

Comment

O.O she is SO CUTE!
                      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                      -Red

Comment

here's her in her chair. i love her ears so much! i think they're bigger than her muzzle.
                        Attached Files

^_^

Comment

Working...
                        X