This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in I remember why I'm a dog person

So Friday AKA yesterday me and my dad went to see The Losers (awesome movie i want to own it) and as we were walking I saw this little black thing near the bushes.
    Now i focus on things when I walk cause im weird like that so i think oh thats an odd piece of trash.

As we walk closer talking about the movie i think oh that's an rather oddly cat shaped piece of trash.

as we get closer i say out loud Oh that's a kitten.

There in the shadow of this bush is a tiny little kitten.

Me and my dad look around trying to find either its owner (pet shop near by and a lot of restaurants with out side eating could be a pet that wondered away) a momma cat or someone of authority

seeing no one else noticing or missing a kitty, no momma cat and no uniformed person I run into a store and am told by the nice cashier unfortunately he cant help at all.

So my dad call the non-emergency line and they tell him unfortunately they cant get any animal control people out until Monday because its not an emergency.

Now little kitty is well all little and shivery looking so me and my dad decide we would just grab little kitty and either take it to my next door vet or a shelter.

But little kitty who has been wonder around the base of the bush decides that i am big and scary and runs into the bush and runs up the tree the bush is growing around and hides from me.

In a big prickly bush.

So i curse and try and get my hand in the bush to grab kitty getting cut by the thrones and having kitty run away every time im close.

At one point i almost have it when my dad say":its over here can you get it?"
    I say what lose my sight on little kitty and look over and see.... another little black kitty.

I look back to my kitty who has now moved to a place i cant grab and say "Your multiplying on me not cool."

So we now try to get two kittys.

so we try to circle around to get where we can go after one together.

I see Little Kitty A in a cornered place where it cant climb up and cant go around and the back is now higher than it can grab. i reach in so close my face gets cut and right whan i almost have my dad say " I have the both here hurry" And i say "What?! i have one right here!" I look over... and the kitten dive bombs and hides in the more tangles root area.

I go over to my dad and yes two kitties.

Now there are THREE!

So me and my dad try to get the more solid black of the kittys.

Kitty freaks out.
    Kitty runs away and we realize Kitty Number 3 is Momma Kitty.

So by now we have alittle audience because well two people calling "come on kitty kitty heres a little kitty get over here you like f***ing Kitty!" is a funny sight.

We and a few of the people talk and it becomes a general consensus that since there is a momma we should go and hopefully when animal control gets there there is still kittys to rescue.

Besides my dads on blood thinners and now hes bleeding.

But thats not all!

We get into the car and start heading home when we see in the left turn lane to go on to the freeway a animal control car for a local no kill shelter.

My dad jobs from the car and runs over trying to get his attention but doesnt make it over there before the light turns green and the truck moves forward to the next red light.

So he get back into the car, i drive up beside him, wave him to roll down his window and tell him about the kittys and the momma and our worry for them and the town animal control cant come til monday.

He laughs and says he will call his shelter and see if they can come by and get them today.

we thank them and go off to lick our wounds (and get lunch because I WAS STARVING!)

So thats the story of how i risked my body to try to save some kitties and failed! and then came home and told my puppy home much i love her and how not wiggley and whiney she is.

Slicey!! Long time no see!!

Now, pardon me for a moment while I

I'm sorry, but that's a hilarious picture. Sorry about the thorns and the owwieness and risking of body and whatnot. Here, have cookies. I made snickerdoodles today.

Comment

just some cut up hands and a barely there face scratch.

i just hope the kittys where found and saved.

Comment

Awww! At least you tried...but LOL. I also am laughing @ the mental images.

Comment

I hope those little lost kitties are okay.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

if i hadn't been feeling blotty and icky that morning i would have actually remembered to wear an undershirt and would have taken off my shirt to use as an arm shield to grab the kitties and not have worried to much about the awkward positions needed to get the kittys.

i have vowed to never be undershirtless again.

Comment

Cleaning out 3 litter boxes a little while ago reminded me of why I'm more of a dog person. I like the kitties but I can do without that part.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I like cats, but I'm horribly allergic to them. And most cats don't do the butt wagging and sloppy kisses like my dogs.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  Awww! At least you tried...but LOL. I also am laughing @ the mental images.
                  Me too. Glad to see you Slice!
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I am sorry you got all sliced up.... but I really hope those little babies are okay. Poor things must have been scared out of their minds.
                    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                    -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                      I am sorry you got all sliced up....
                      i think you made a punny lol

yeah no work, new fun diabetes, and school makes slicey a dull girl

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        i think you made a punny lol

yeah no work, new fun diabetes, and school makes slicey a dull girl

O.o..... omg, unintentional Pun. I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed.
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          ...slicey a dull girl
                          Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                          O.o..... omg, unintentional Pun. I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed.
                          's OK. Slicey punished you back.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Awww - that was so Slice of you to try and rescue those little kitties..

That was really sweet of you and your dad...

Hope they get a Dicey new home - when found.

You're awesome...
                            Last edited by TOLady; 05-04-2010, 01:24 AM.
                            No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

oh the puns they hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X