Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool thing I saw on my hike (graphic nature pic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool thing I saw on my hike (graphic nature pic)

**** snake picture below****

We were hiking at Sleeping Giant, and towards the end of the trail we saw an Eastern Garter Snake!! He was sunning himself on the trail, near a pond where we were admiring the frogs.

Well, that trail doesn't loop, so we doubled back....knowing we would see our reptile friend again...and we did....eating a frog!! So awesome....I have never seen a snake eat something in the wild.....and it looked like he was having a tough go at it.

This is why I always have a camera on me

Last edited by Cat; 05-03-2010, 10:23 AM.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Any way to see the picture bigger?

Comment

*see above*

Kinda hard to tell what it is
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Well....I'm staying out of Sleeping Giant for a month...yes I'm that much of a chicken. Have you tried wandering the Farmington canal heritage trail? It's all paved but has great scenery.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Neat. Snakes don't bother me, really, but growing up in West Texas, the sound of a rattle snake rattle makes my skin crawl, and makes me involuntarily shiver. I've never been bit, but come damn close a few times. Glad the snake was watching closer than I was. :-P
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Rattlers would much rather you go away than have to bite you, thankfully. You practically have to step on them, most of the time.

I was once playing tag with my brother and our cousins at a rest stop, and we were all ranged around a bush when we heard a rattle come from inside it. Needless to say, we scattered and kept away from that bush for the rest of the stay.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Rattlers would much rather you go away than have to bite you, thankfully. You practically have to step on them, most of the time.
              Oh I'm well aware. Thus the "thankfully he was watching out more than I was." He was on the path sunning himself, and I almost stepped on him. This of course has happened more than once.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Sorry about the picture size....I have no idea how to post a bigger one

If I can self-promote myself....it is on my blog JUst PM me for the link

I have not tried the heritage trail.....I will have to look into it! I was at EMS yesterday and the CT Forest and Park Assoc. was promoting the CT Blue Trails
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

It's nice of you to put up the snake warning. There are a few posters with the Phobia out there.

Luckily I'm not one of them!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                  X