This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUPPIES - The "C" litter has been CONFIRMED! [WARNING-IMAGE HEAVY]

About a month ago we bred Kiri to a SchH3 male, Wayne. As much as I wanted to post about it here I'm sure the community got tired of all the false alarms we had over the past two attempts (it's the male's "fault").

We took Kiri in for an ultrasound today and it has been confirmed:

KIRI IS PREGNANT!

It didn't take long, in fact, the vet only had to take pictures of one of the uterine "horns" to easily see between 3-5 (maybe even 6) puppies. This is just one horn meaning her litter could be anywhere from 5-11 (or 13) puppies (the horns will either have the same number of puppies or be "one off" for an odd number of puppies).

Of course, this thread would be worthless without pictures so I give you the Casa del Mango "C" litter:

I'm sure with this one it is just an optical illusion but I swear you can see the actual puppy in the top "bubble" (upside down, head to the left, body to the right)

Last edited by draggar; 05-18-2010, 11:05 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Congrats! take pics once they're born.

Did you have names for them yet? Chaos, Carnage...

Also, ultrasound photos always look weird. If/when I ever get pregnant, I'm definitely putting up my ultrasounds
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

If the last breedering was successful it would have been Christmas Carol, Christmas Candy, etc..

We'r enot sure yet but we do a theme.

Their "expected' due date is June 21 - Litha!! (Summer equinox)!!
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Awww! Congratulations!
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Hey! Congrats! Im sure theyll be adorable.

Comment

Kiri's been a busy lady.

Congratulations draggar.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              If the last breedering was successful it would have been Christmas Carol, Christmas Candy, etc..

We'r enot sure yet but we do a theme.

Their "expected' due date is June 21 - Litha!! (Summer equinox)!!
              Maybe a nature theme since they're expected on a pagan holiday?

Cherry, Conifer...
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Kiri is already getting "round" from it. Last time she didn't show until the very end (but then she only had 3 puppies, we're expecting at least 5 this time).

The week of June 14th my wife has an appointment to have her x-rayed to "count skulls and spines".
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Does anyone remember the litter of Finnish Spitz puppies we had a while back?

We just got some pictures of Dazy. (And of course I'll share!)

Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Their "expected' due date is June 21 - Litha!! (Summer solstice)!!
                    corrected

*sorry not to nit-pick, but....*

I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

TY Treasure - I don't know how I got that one wrong.

Kiri is getting HUGE. My wife was even so woried about it today that she called our vet to see if she can have Kiri X-rayed now but the vet thinks the bones haven't fomed enough to give much of a reading / x-ray so we're still scheduled for June 14th (for x-rays to count skulls and spines).

They said it's normal to show a lot with large liters. Even though my wife has whelped many litters in her past I don't think she's seen any beyond 7-8 puppies which makes me think Kiri has more than that.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

My wife ordered a durawhelp today since we're expecting a large litter.

She also has an appointment next Monday for her x-ray to count skulls and spines.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

She had her x-rays today, they "easily" saw 11 puppies in there.

Yes, 11 f-ing puppies - that was the high end of the ultrasound estimate.

Anyone want to take a guess on the gender split? I'm thinking 7 boys, 4 girls. my wife is thinking 8 boys and 3 girls.

We're monitoring her temperature, too. When it drops, she'll most likely give birth within 24 hours.

With this many one may be donated to the Cooperstown, NY police department as a K9.
                          Last edited by draggar; 06-14-2010, 10:05 PM.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

You should put up a webcam so we can watch the puppies.

I can't believe she's going to have 11 puppies--that's crazy!!

Comment

My friend's mom's bassett hound had 11 (with her sister's black lab; yes it was an oops). Sadly 3 didn't survive but the rest were adopted out. They kept one - she definitely resembles her mother more than her father.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X