This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fellow Canadians.....

What is in our genes that makes us try to make potato chips in every possible flavour known to man - and then some?

I give you Ballpark Hotdog flavour, Sweet Chili Thai, Feta, Olive and Oregano
    and you can't forget the Barbecue Baby Back Ribs Chips.

Why? Why do these sell? Roast Chicken and Gravy potato chips. Ketchup chips. What ever happened to Regular (with enough salt to kill you) or Salt and Vinegar? Simple BBQ or Dill flavour will work too.

Next thing you know they will be selling "Roast Canada Goose and Bunny" chips.

WHY?

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Don't worry, here in the USA Pringles has:

Taco Bell 7-layer burrito
    Mozzarella Stick (with marinara) <-- Those are actually really good!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

These might actually be pretty good....

Comment

I saw the Hot Dog ones while shopping today... I almost caved in and bought a bag. I know someone who actually works at that store, I'll ask him if he's tried them and what they are like.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

What about Moose chips? Or cow?
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            What about Moose chips? Or cow?
            There is a 'Roast Beef with Baked Potato' chip that one company makes (the name escapes me right now). To me, the flavouring salt doesn't taste any different than the 'Roast Chicken' chips, but the chip itself is much thicker. I like a thinner, crisper chip.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
              Next thing you know they will be selling "Roast Canada Goose and Bunny" chips.
              GAH! Don't give them any ideas!

I just want a decent BBQ chip.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Doesn't compare to the time when Jones Soda got Turkey Dinner flavored soda. ;-p
                SC: "Are you new or something?"
                Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

But ketchup chips are yummy... And this proclivity is also what results in Miss Vicki's Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar chips, so don't complain.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Don't worry, here in the USA Pringles has:

Taco Bell 7-layer burrito
                    Mozzarella Stick (with marinara) <-- Those are actually really good!

Heh.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I am always on the quest for "odd" flavored chips!

I like the normal ones: Salt-n-vinegar, BBQ, salt-n-pepperi, and the odder ones: ketchup, thai, super spicy ones, dill pickle.

The weirdest one I have ever tried was Maryland Crab Cake. They were pretty good!

Hmm....now I want to hunt down odd chips.....do they make a vegemite/marmite one? (I actually love vegemite and marmite!) How about a General Tso's chip?
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                        I am always on the quest for "odd" flavored chips!

I like the normal ones: Salt-n-vinegar, BBQ, salt-n-pepperi, and the odder ones: ketchup, thai, super spicy ones, dill pickle.

The weirdest one I have ever tried was Maryland Crab Cake. They were pretty good!

Hmm....now I want to hunt down odd chips.....do they make a vegemite/marmite one? (I actually love vegemite and marmite!) How about a General Tso's chip?
                        Try a british product webpage, I seem to remember seeing one of them with a snack page with all different crisps.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

So, I was at the grocery story today and saw the Hot Dog chips again, so I figured "what the heck"...

There is a strong 'mustard'-y flavour, with a sweet aftertaste like 'dill pickle'.

I could taste no hot dog.

My main complaint is the chip itself: too thick. I like a thin crisp potato chip (like Lays).

Not a bad flavour but I wouldn't go out of my way to get more.

Comment

I love Salt n Vinegar as well.

There's also an odd flavouring one down here:

There's a Caesar Salad flavouring made by Smiths chips.

http://us.asiancorrespondent.com/gav...eur-corner.htm
                            Last edited by fireheart; 06-02-2010, 12:57 PM.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

As a Canadian now living in the U.S., I do really miss my Ketchup and Miss Vickies chips.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X