This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Morality Problem I'm having.

So, Saturday whiny friend and I helped old friend move. He is getting a divorce, (mutual choice. I'm pretty happy. Whiny friend, Gay Friends, Wierd friend all nearly got into a fist fight with old friend's step kids when they grabbed the gaming party pizza and ate it all, and copped an attutide when whiny friend asked them about it. Despite how much whiny friend whines, he still a fighter. I've been with him in a few fights myself we had to do, and he would have crushed those pissant thieves. When they realized John wasn't backing down, they left us alone. Though they later lied to their mom saying we were very mean at them and showing off the pizza, and they were so starving they had to valiently take it. Not to mention those step kids have stolen real stuff from their own parents, and mom doesnt' see them as any more then precious angels. Even though her youngest got two 15 year old girls pregnant, and is doing nothing to support ether. (He was 17 when it happened).

That is nether here or there. Point is, old friend is happy, he has an a freaking AWESOME new /balchor/ pad, that we all agreed will be the new gaming place. Its fucking huge, fireplace that works, lots of windows to let light in, near the zoo, lots of space for books. He even agreed to keep a stock on our sodas, and has given me a special place for my straws. I always wanted to have a friends house where I have something of mine at like that. Kinda like Becker keeping his cigs in the register on the tv show Becker.

GAH! RANTING! Sorry, long time I last post.

My MORAL PROBLEM IS THUS:

After we got most things moved, he took us out to Panda Express. YAY! We love food. Its free. We got sodas. I'm not complaining about the food at all.

However, the clerk got confused thinking we were all paying sepretely. Even though we told her otherwise. But hey, we all told her what we had. I heard Old friend clearly state all we were getting, and not lying at all or whatever. I had the most expensive food, getting a three piece meal with an extra side, and s a soda.

We ate, talked about the new place, talked about school, talked about good times, etc etc etc.

As we were leaving, old friend dropped the recipt, and I picked it up. I read it, and the cashier only charged us for three two-piece meals, and two sodas. (Which is correct. Old friend didn't get a soda, but John and I did). She didn't charge my correct price of a Three piece meal and extra side.

I don't have any money. At all. ZERO. I tried to talk to them, and even though they both work with the public (John used to work at a car wash, Tom works as city bus driver), and know full well how annoying asshole thieving scum are, they just said it was a mistake on their fault and we shouldn't have to pay. They left it a that. They said if I wanted to pay for it, go ahead. I asked to borrow the money (long term... but I would pay back) and they refused too.

.... I feel like a thief. Yeah, it was a mistake on their half, even though we told them what we had, twice, they still charged me for the wrong price. I'd go back if they overcharged, and I've gone back when people undercharge me. But in this case, I didn't have the money. Not to mention I didn't pay for it at all seeing as it was a gift, but I still feel like a fucking thief, and it's pissing me off. I have no idea what to do. The only other person I could borrow money from is my mom, and she already paying my rent, my bus fare, and student loans until my disability pay kicks in.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I wouldn't worry about it. Mistakes happen and food is cheap enough that a few undercharged tickets doesn't hurt the business. Food places expect a certain amount of food to be wasted--dropped on the floor, made wrong and needs to be redone, free food to shut up a SC, or an undercharged ticket.

I'm glad to hear your friend got an awesome place and that you can keep stuff there. Very cool!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it, but if you're going to worry anyway, wait until your money comes in and *then* go back and offer to pay.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
      X