This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay.

I know I bitch alot. I complain alot. But despite my actions, and attempts with my doctors to speed it up, only to have them nod and repeat they'll see me in a few months rather then sooner, my great fear has come true.

My job just left a voice mail. If I don't come back to work TOMORROW, able to do everything, then that's it, they don't need me. They gave me then 3 months leave. They did what they could. Its my own fault that these doctors didn't speed up.

WHich means no insurence.

Which means I cannot get healed.

Which means I can't get another job, becasue who will fucking hire me if I can't even stand or walk?

Which means just.

GAH!!! I Hate this!!!

It's seriously, like why bother to finish this schooling. I can't do a damn thing.

This refil coming up is my last batch of pain killers. I know a few people that may be willing to get me some, but the legal remications, just gah.

I want to strangle my doctors for wasting my time. I want to just fucking rip my leg off with a chainsaw if that stop the pain in the hip and make the doctors do something, though knowing how they treated me so far, I'd be treated after all the kids that have colds, the crazy lady that just thinks she has Polio because she played Polo.

I'm still trying to get disability, but that is getting slow and turtle pacing. They refused me twice already, but this third time seems to be working. I had a real response on that one.

Anyone have any kind of advice? Tips? Tricks? ANYTHING! Send me a PM, send me an email, post here.

Just. I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out pretty bad mentally, I want to cry but holding it back since I'm at the school libray, and I just don't care anymore if I get in trouble for being on here, since I doubt I be able to stay as it is without a chance of being cured.

Everything costs money, and I have none of it. I doubt very much any type of welfare be willing to front a hip replacement that I need, or pay for any kind of pain medicene for me to walk. I'm going to have to borrow money from friends just to pay for fucking giant bottle of asprin/ibprofuin and hope that can make it work for a little bit.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I don't have any advice to offer, but I do have to offer if you'd like.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

The only thing I can think of, and this won't help tomorrow, is FMLA if you didn't use if for your 3 months off.

If you have a disability, don't they have to make "reasonable accomodations" for you? Or are you not "officially" disabled??

Comment

That's crazy. I don't know anything about your situation or the possibility of going on disability or anything, but I'm really sorry.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Christ, man, I wish I could help. I wish I had some advice or SOMETHING. All i can offer is moral support.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Oh, dear. I wish I could do something. I know how it feels when nobody in power seems to get how bad it is, and how everyone blames you when you aren't at fault.

I have loads of digital hugs.. !
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

oh hun i'm so sorry. i really wish there was something i can do to help. i know how much of a pain in the ass doctors can be.

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
              If you have a disability, don't they have to make "reasonable accomodations" for you? Or are you not "officially" disabled??
              yeah! look into this...there might be something to it.

also: have you looked into working in a call center? i know it may not seem ideal, but typically people don't have to stand or walk there...

pm me if ya need to talk/rant some more
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                I'm going to have to borrow money from friends just to pay for fucking giant bottle of asprin/ibprofuin and hope that can make it work for a little bit.
                Try Aleve. I have hip and back problems and it does a lot more for me than either of those.

Not a permanent solution, but might help you endure.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Thanks loads everyone. Still waiting for responses from my current doctors. Still waiting for disability.

As for FLMA, that's what I've been on for past several months with doctors doing nothing.

As for Plaid, they have nothing that is considered 'light' duty to help me. Besides, I know how they work, even if they did have light duty, they'd get rid of me for something stupid, like chronic lateness if I'm only a minute late at times.
                  Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Well, if it's any consolation, the "third time's the charm" seems to be the case when it comes to disability. My mom, and several friends have gone through this and each one has had to do the third time thing to finally get their disability.

Best of luck to you on this front. I have no advice to offer other than the above, and some crossed fingers.

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Sending digital hugs, Plaid.

Hopefully the disability comes through for you. If not, the call center option may work. The Portland area does have some, and the hours may be flexible enough for your schooling. The pay probably isn't wonderful, but it's a job. Last time I was job-hunting I saw listings for AAA, Stream, and other companies. May be worth checking into as an option.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Like others I don't have any advice, the health care setup here is different from yours. All I can offer are lots of and keep nagging at the docs & disability people.

Hopefully now you point out to the docs you're now without painkillers they'll get off their behinds & do something! I'm really sorry for what you'll be going through. I know what it will be like and only hope that things will be sorted out before it gets to that stage But please, don't give up on school
                        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Alright! Thank you everyone for hugs and good lucks. I bought some time. Not sure how much, but I at least have one more month.

The human resources lady from my job got in contact, and I explained everything. She got angry at the slowness of everything, and felt bad. But she needs to talk to K, who is our corporate lawyer to ask some questions, to ask me questions.

So I have some time. I loved Je, she always been sweet.

K on the other hand, can be a real ...

Well, I never had problems with her because I never got the company in alot of trouble (Only once ...).

But I've heard stories of other workers who get destroyed by her sometimes. I just hope she understands too.
                          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

I just got caught up on this! Thank God you have some more time! Maybe that will do the trick. Wish I lived closer. I'd take you for pizza or something, or bring it to you if you weren't up to going out. Please keep us posted!

Also, I second the call center idea, or look into online support. Several companies have email and live chat support for their services and products. Maybe an opportunity will open up for you there!
                            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Very glad you have more time, doctors can be such a pain in the arse.

Wish there was something I could do to help you, but I do wish you all the best and also know that we all love ya here
                              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X