X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squee!!!

I may only be 26, but I LOVE 80's hairbands! and I love motorcycles,
    so what is the most beautiful thing in my world right now? The fact that I just bought my ticket to see Bret Michaels in concert @ the ROT Rally next weekend!!!!!

I live in Austin, so going downtown for the parade is SWEET!
    Last edited by Treasure; 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM. Reason: smilies!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Hope it's awesome- I hear he's made a full and fast recovery from his health problems.

I saw Duran Duran a couple years ago...and they still rocked!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

hmm, '80's bands:

Styx is still great (well, 70's and 80's), REO Speedwagon was good when we saw them about 9 years ago. Chicago still rocks. Don't bother with Eddie Money - he's getting old and showing his age.

.38 Special is increible to watch live now, too.

Enjoy the show.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

for my 24th birthday I went to the Def Leppard, Styx and Foreigner concert!!! It was AWESOME!

I also saw (a few weeks prior) ZZ Top in concert w/ the Pretenders (Chrissy Hind's skeletor looking bony bitch ass can SUCKIT! and not come back to cattle country as far as I'm concerned!) and the STRAY CATS (w/ Brian Setzer!) (they should've played before ZZ Top, not been the opening act )

This was the DAY after seeing OZZFEST (FreeFest) I had a very busy august in 2008 *sigh*

I saw KISS in concert (w/ Ted Nugent, and Skid Row?) when I was 17
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Living in Key West doesn't present many concert opportunities. Actually, in the last 11 years, I have been to one concert, which was down here the weekend before Hurricane Rita: The Edgar Winter Group with Gator Country opening. Gator Country is five the original six members of Molly Hatchet, so in essence, it was Molly Hatchet. "Flirting With Disaster" is one of my all-time favorite songs, and to see it live was simply....amazing.

But I can't bitch. I have been to a lot of concerts, and seen a lot of bands. Off the top of my head, I have seen live: Stevie Nicks (twice), Sheryl Crow (3 times), Fleetwood Mac, Heart (3 times plus one Lovemongers show), Mojo Nixon, Def Leppard, Guns n' Roses (twice), Poison, Skid Row, the Rolling Stones, (twice), Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Soundgarden, Eddie Money, Candlebox, Jethro Tull (twice), Alanis Morrisette, Styx, Mojo Nixon, the Kinks, Europe, Pat Benatar (twice), Duran Duran (my first concert ever when I was in 8th grade), Jewel, Don Henley, the Eagles, the Scorpions, .38 Special (they sucked), Concrete Blonde (they sucked because Johnette was blasted out of her mind), Cinderella, AC/DC (twice), Kiss, Slaughter, Winger, Ozzy Osbourne, Rush, Lenny Kravitz, the Outlaws, Joe Walsh, Los Lobos, Living Colour, Paul McCartney, the Doobie Brothers, Eric Clapton, and probably several others I can't remember at the moment. I have been to concerts in New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Arizona, Massachusetts, and Missouri.

The four acts I have never seen that I have always wanted to see (that were possible for me to see in my lifetime) are Tom Petty, Jimmy Buffett, Melissa Etheridge, and The Who.

One thing I have to comment on that has nothing to do with the thread itself, just the title: while it's fine for you folks, if you EVER seem me using the phrase "SQUEE!!!" (other than talking about it, I mean actually USING it), please find a shotgun, load it, put it to the base of my skull, and empty both fucking barrels. Thank you.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

You live in Key West and you've never seen Jimmy Buffett????

Oh, and I am beyond envious that you've seen Mojo Nixon in concert!

I've only been to a handful of concerts - Beach Boys when I was 17 (bleh), The Chieftains, for my 18th birthday, Roger Whittaker a couple of years ago with the 'rents (pretty spry for an 80 year old), Sarah McLachlan just before she broke up with the husband, and most recently, Elton John and Billy Joel last June (OMFG AWESOME). I have tickets to see Simon & Garfunkel next month. OH, and my ex took me to see Blue Rodeo (Canadian band for those scratching their heads) just before we separated.

We have a Blues festival every summer that gets some AMAZING ACTS (on what planet would Iron Maiden be considered blues? But anyway...) but most of them are during the week, I'm a single mom, and meh.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I've only been to a small handful of concerts, and I'm fine with that. I get very claustrophobic in large groups of people and it's just way too damn loud. (I cannot, cannot, cannot stand live music in bars and restaurants.) I have had the good fortune to see The Birthday Massacre - they don't tour stateside a lot, much less the Plains/Midwest - and I got to meet Rainbow! Chibi was sick, unfortunately. I also saw one of the last Dresden Dolls concerts before they split up. Amanda got really drunk during the show and had to go straight to the bus, but I got to meet Brian. (I'd go see Amanda solo if she'd stop dicking around with this Evelyn Evelyn project.) I also got to go to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert in February, which was really awesome. No opening acts or fluff, just two very talented musicians singing their best songs.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                You live in Key West and you've never seen Jimmy Buffett????
                Not only have I never seen him in concert (he doesn't exactly play concerts in Key West, ya know), I have never seen him in person, period. Which is even more amazing once you know that one of my friends used to be Buffett's right hand man. (Which was how I was able to get my Parrothead friends front row tickets and backstage passes to a Buffett concert in Phoenix a few years ago.) That being said, I HAVE partied with his former keyboardist, Fingers Taylor, and his (much younger) wife.

What can I say? I rock.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                Oh, and I am beyond envious that you've seen Mojo Nixon in concert!
                Seen him in a club in Phoenix, and met him after the show, and got him to do a station ID for the college radio station I worked for, as well as an additional ID for my own radio show on said station. And he was brilliant with that. Given only the pertinent information (station name and dial number, name of my show, etc.), he ripped off two perfect IDs in two takes that also happened to be brilliant. The one for my show sounded something like this: "This is Mojo Nixon, and you're listening to [Jester Dude] on the Sunday Hangover Special on 620 AM, KASR, Arizona State's Original Alternative. And you better keep listening, too, or I'll come over to your house and pop your head like a zit!" Like I said....genius.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X