Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it often does, Reality has put this whole thing in perspective. While I am still befuddled as to what happened at the end of the evening, it has taken on far less meaning suddenly. One of the girls that I mentioned that did not attend wasn't there because of a family emergency, which she had texted me about last night. What I didn't know at the time was that the emergency in question was that her stepfather was killed yesterday in a plane crash.

This girl actually just apologized to me on the phone for not being at my birthday party. I feel like I should apologize to her for expecting her to. Seriously, girl, go take care of your mother (she's flying out tomorrow), and don't even worry about me. My birthday festivities are inconsequential in relation to this shit.

Fuck.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, you're allowed to enjoy yourself even when bad things happen to your friends. Don't feel bad about it - you being miserable would have made her feel worse, not better. (And she's apologising to express that she wishes she could have been there for your celebration, not because she actually feels guilty).

Comment

Oh, I know all that, and I'm not feeling guilty at all. It just put things in perspective is all.

In no way did it change the fact that I still desperately want to know WHO THE FUCK IS ANNA? Neither Smiley nor Little Red has returned my calls or texts yet. Frank texted me Anna's phone number, but what am I going to do, call her up and say "Who the hell are you?" Beyond being somewhat rude (not that I am above that, mind you), if I had anything going with her, that might well kill it, don't you think?

The really horrible part of me was thinking, as I was consoling my friend, "I wonder if any of this will help me get with her." Because, after all, she is one of the girls I am currently interested in. I don't really think like that, but that small little devil in the deepest part of me was certainly crunching the numbers. I'm a guy. I can't help it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Happy belated birthday!! ®
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            In no way did it change the fact that I still desperately want to know WHO THE FUCK IS ANNA?
            I'm Anna. But it wasn't me who called or texted or whatevered you. Happy belated birthday regardless. How many times have you turned 29 now?

Also:

Quoth Jester View Post
            WHO THE FUCK IS ALICE?
            Edited for my own amusement.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Also:

Quoth Jester View Post
              WHO THE FUCK IS ALICE?
              Maybe he should Go Ask Alice.

I love that book.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I was late, I am a bad girl for being late...

Happy Belated Birthday Jester.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  Maybe he should Go Ask Alice.

I love that book.
                  When GK caller is talking backwards
                  And the EQ's: "Off with their head!"
                  Remember what the Doormouse said...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

How many times have you turned 29 now?
                    Only once. But this was my 20th 21st birthday party. I celebrate my 21st birthday every year. And yet, since I turned 21, I have only lied about my age once. Ever. Ask me about it sometime.

Quoth Jester
                    WHO THE FUCK IS ALICE?
                    Pretty much what I was asking myelf the entire time, actually.

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    I was late, I am a bad girl for being late.
                    Bad girls are often good......

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    When GK caller is talking backwards
                    And the EQ's: "Off with their head!"
                    Remember what the Doormouse said...
                    Feed your head! Feed your head!!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

ur in ur 40's? I thought you were a LOT younger!

Ur sure its not Anna Banana?

And Happy Belated Birthday

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post

Ur sure its not Anna Banana?

And Happy Belated Birthday
                        He follows the immortal thread.

He's postive. Happy. Awesome. Knows Magic. (All Wizards live forever)

And he drinks, so he's gotta be like, Pickled or something.

Jester is awesome, and he's helped me alot with his PM's on how to be postive. I tried alot. Some work. Some don't. But I am happier.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                          So did I. I look, feel, and act younger. I still can't believe I AM 40.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          He follows the immortal thread.

He's postive. Happy. Awesome. Knows Magic. (All Wizards live forever)

And he drinks, so he's gotta be like, Pickled or something.
                          I've been saying for a while now that I am living proof that alcohol is a preservative.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          Jester is awesome, and he's helped me alot with his PM's on how to be postive. I tried alot. Some work. Some don't. But I am happier.
                          Those last four words are one of the greatest compliments I've ever had. Thank you. Seriously, and humbly (not normally one of my strong points, by the way)....thank you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Bad girls are often good......
                            *laughs, snugs, kotc*

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday, Jester!

You share a birthday with my next door neighbor (50 yrs.), my oldest younger brother (44 yrs.) and my grandson (3 days )!

Sounds like you had fun!
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

So, Jester, what's this about you lying about your age?

Comment

Working...
                                X