This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm. Wedding booze.

This past weekend, my sister got married (YAY!) to a wonderful man (DOUBLE YAY!!). His family is culturally-mixed; mom is Bosnian, father is Serbian, they lived in, I believe, Zagreb until they got refugee status here in the US. There were a few wonderful traditions incorporated into the ceremony and reception, and the rehearsal dinner was held in a Bosnian restaurant.

The wedding was PERFECT. ABSOLUTE DAMNED PERFECTION.

I'm seriously proud.

The groom's dad was handing out Slivovitz (Serbian Plum Brandy) like it was bottles of water. Some of us were drinking it like water. This is my new favourite boozamahol, hands-down.

If you find it in your local liquor store (name brand is Navip), GET IT. AND THEN ENJOY IT. OMNOMNOMYUM.

This past semester I had the good fortune to meet and hang out with some Serbs - good people and, yes, very generous with the booze. They came to our makeshift Easter brunch and were amazed that 1) our supermarkets would not sell them beer on Easter Sunday and 2) at the ridiculous amount of Easter candy we were all eating.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Oh yeah. We had a candy bar (both my sister and her husband are *huge* chocolate freaks), and the Bosnian/Serb side of the family was going for the hardcore booze instead of the candy! The Irish side (mine) was pretty much entirely hyped up on sugar and sugary booze drinks (Cosmos, Jack & Coke, etc).

The photog posted a bunch of photos to her blog, but she didn't post the ones I hoped she would.

Comment

Working...
      X