This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catering love

I thought that catering was going to be a nightmare but I'm not the least bit worried about it anymore. Yesterday my mother, my boy, and myself went to a tasting that one of our potential caterers was having and I cannot tell you how much I fell in love with the company. The food was some of the best I have ever had (they even had stuff with mushrooms that I liked ) but that wasn't what impressed me the most. So far I had just been emailing back and forth with one person and I knew that she was my contact with the company, I didn't know that if I sign a contract that she will be my consultant and will personally oversee all of my dealing with the company, I also didn't know that she will be on sight for the entire event (and is even willing to coordinate and oversee my other vendors if I want) so that I can just focus on having fun and not have to worry about any behind the scenes kind of stuff. The girl is a complete doll and we just kind of instantly clicked, after only meeting her once I feel completely confident that she will make everything just right (which is especially amazing since I am usually a total control freak). She also sat with us for about an hour answering all of our questions and just chatting to get a feel for our personalities .

If we do sign a contract (I say "if" but really at this point it is more of a "when") then we can also have as many (free) tastings as it takes to make sure that we are happy with the menu and they are willing to customize any dish (even if the issue is as vague as "this is a bit too spicy"). It has been over 24 hours and I am still feel a bit giddy about the whole thing (I did at least want to wait a bit to make sure it wasn't just the signature cocktails causing the giddiness cuz I wasn't driving and those things were damn tasty ). I just wasn't expecting this level of service with the budget that I have. Admittedly my budget isn't super small (mommy is paying for it, not me) but it isn't big either and nobodyelse in my price range has shown anywhere near this level of service.

Awesome! We did the food for my wedding ourselves, and I did the food for my niece's, so I've never used a caterer in a non-corporate setting I miss the catering company that came to take over my last job's cafeteria. Now THAT was some awesome food!
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
    X