This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job!

Well not for me but for the boy. He will be finishing out everything that he is currently scheduled to work as a security guard and will be starting as a warehouse manager (for a company that he used to do demo for during school breaks) on the 3rd. It will be about an extra $10,000 a year , salaried, with a regular M-F schedule and working normal hours so it is a pretty damn good upgrade, plus the commute is only and extra 10-15 minutes, just in the opposite direction. I cannot tell you how happy I am that he actually is doing something that makes him feel like he didn’t waste 4 years in school for nothing and some place where he has room to grow (they want him there for at least a few years and will over time train him in project management and estimating which will both result in additional responsibilities and additional money ).

He had been starting to get kind of depressed about his job situation, even I was starting to doubt myself whenever I told him not to worry and that he would find something better soon. We were also both really getting stressed from not being able to see each other due to our schedules but I can put in for morning shift and we would have late afternoon and all evening together, not to mention actually sharing a bed instead of sleeping in it at different times. Really and truly this could not have come at a better time.

YAY! Congrats!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Woo hoo!!!!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's awesome!
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
        X