Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're getting old when... (image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're getting old when... (image heavy)

...you spend hours sitting in your backyard trying to capture pictures of the Bluebirds who have nested in your birdhouse.

Mama guarding the nest:

She's keeping her eye on me:

The proud parents:

The Eggs:

She's been incubating the eggs for a week now and they will hopefully hatch within the next 5 - 7 days. I'm gonna be a grandma!
    Last edited by Retail Associate; 06-16-2010, 08:00 AM.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

I have friends who are photographers, and I have been known to snap a pic or two. But HOURS? Really?

Thank you for reminding me that I am really not old, as that is something that would never even occur to me to do. I was starting to feel old till I read this!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm not a photographer, that's probably why it took so long. So many of the pictures were blurry because I shake too much.

But I have enjoyed watching them.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I have friends who are photographers, and I have been known to snap a pic or two. But HOURS? Really?

Thank you for reminding me that I am really not old, as that is something that would never even occur to me to do. I was starting to feel old till I read this!
        There are some photographers who will camp a place for hours waiting for the right picture. Or they will camp a place for hours to get the right light and come back the next day with their stuff. I can see nature photographers camping a place for hours waiting for the birds or whatever.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
          I'm not a photographer, that's probably why it took so long.
          I'm a photographer, and I've spent hours setting up a shot before. I try not to, as my style of shooting is a quick shot from the hip so to speak, but it can't be helped in some cases.

The infrared shots on my site took 20-30 minutes to setup and get just right, sometimes longer. This of course, doesn't count the 3-4 hours I spend in photoshop getting them to look just right (the raw image off the camera looks VERY different from the final product.)
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Those are lovely pictures. I especially like those pretty little blue eggs.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You should watch the "diaries" at the end of each Planet Earth episode on DVD. They waited YEARS for some of their shots . Hours? That's nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X