This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Out Kitty Is A Boy

It has come to my attention that my kitten Annalise is really a boy and not a girl like we had originally thought. I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy that little dress for her...erm.. I mean him. Crap. I'm sorry Kitten.
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

*laughs* You should hear Mom, I'll ask how the girls are doing (dogs) and she'll talk all about the cats. Then I'll switch and ask about the boys and I hear all about the dogs. She'll figure it out after she already talked about them with a long sigh. It's all good I know what she was talking about.

Comment

I guess you could start calling him Attaboy?
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Smudge, the kitten I thought was a girl, is starting to develop dingleberries as Mom calls 'em. I'm kind of glad since I have to pay for the fixing and it is cheaper to neuter a tom.

Comment

Change kitten's name to Ain't Elise.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

How about Aniseed? (licorice flavouring)

Also, when you bought kitty you should've had the person selling it check the gender to ensure that yes, it's a boy or yes, it's a girl.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

RavenStarr found the kitten. I rescued Smudge from a free kitten cage in a flea market- the woman running the register didn't know anything about the kitten.

Comment

Sometimes it's hard to tell when they are really little.
                Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  Sometimes it's hard to tell when they are really little.
                  Not really. At birth, yes. But by the time their eyes and ears are opening you can usually see if the kitty has anything between its back legs.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The first few days we had Baby, we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, so she didn't get a name until we knew. She was so little, her eyes were still shut and her ears weren't out and she literally fit in the palm of my hand. My dad warned me that she may not make it, but thankfully the formula we got from the vet through an eyedropper nurished her enough that she grew up to be just the most rotten evil thing alive.

Baby isn't her real name, btw.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

OP, if you haven't already had Kitty neuteured, you are correct, the recovery time for a male is a lot faster than the female.

Also a couple of tips if this is the first one:

-Don't let him eat or drink for about 12 hours prior to the operation.
                      -When he comes home he'll be a little bit tired but that'll wear off eventually.
                      -Try to discourage him from repeatedly cleaning down there for a couple of days. This also applies to any other cats you may have who want to do a group "cleaning sesion." (this has happened with our two boys-the eldest one actually wound up cleaning "down there" on his brother prior to neutering)
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Definitely withhold both, even if the vet allows water. When we had our boys done at 6 months, the vet allowed water since it was a multi cat household, and they both wet themselves coming out of anesthetic.
                        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Hee. We refer to our two Finches as 'The Boys.' Or the Little F****rs when they start singing at 5AM!

Our Chinese Dwarf Hamster is Mossburg; cause he has 'big guns'...When people first meet him they ask "does he have cancer?" ! Our Russian Dwarf is Techno. Our Beta is Vonstanfish, and our Pixie Frogs are Lemon and Tidy Bowl.
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                          X