This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with an old book title

Don't you just hate when you remember a book you were read when you were real young, and cannot recall the title?

What's even worse? this book depressed me! lol.

It was bout a fox family, father, mother, 2 cubs. One cub wore a yellow ribbon. All the foxes end up dying ( ) but flowers grow in the shape of the mother fox and the ribbon-wearing fox, and there is a yellow flower to represent the ribbon.

Yeah, really depressing book to hear as a child, and I have no idea why i need to know the title, I just thought oh the book and cannot find info online anywhere.

I need a life
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Well, if you need a life, so do I, cuz I take these kinds of posts as a personal challenge.

I don't have an answer (yet) but I did find this, which is worth the read (it's short)...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Well, if you need a life, so do I, cuz I take these kinds of posts as a personal challenge.

I don't have an answer (yet) but I did find this, which is worth the read (it's short)...

That was great!
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Not having much luck. Came up with Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl but I've never actually read it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Not having much luck. Came up with Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl but I've never actually read it.
          LOL, that is all I could find. This book is well over 30 years old, it may be lost to history

Comment

I have really grown to hate books like that. Geeze! What, the world isn't depressing enough that someone has to invent more of it?

My sister would have probably loved it.

Comment

Wow. I hate it when I have that happens.

To this day, there is a movie and a book that elude me, and no amount of seraching on my half have found them.

I'm very sad by that. Especally for that book. I want that book.

But the odds of anyone having reading that book, are a billion to one.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                Wow. I hate it when I have that happens.

To this day, there is a movie and a book that elude me, and no amount of seraching on my half have found them.

I'm very sad by that. Especally for that book. I want that book.

But the odds of anyone having reading that book, are a billion to one.
                There should be a home for lost books and movies

Comment

I'm thinking the yellow ribbon had to symbolize some sort of remembrance.

Comment

Working...
                  X