This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieving little creeps..!

So.. this all started a couple days ago... my bf and I are both managers where I work. Fun times.

He stops by and brings me lunch, spends my lunch hour with me and we chatter and rant about various things going on. While he's there a couple of young teenage boys (probably between 12 and 15), one of them of which we almost busted for stealing from our store, tries to sell us some games. Which is cool.. except a) the games are only the discs, no packaging. Strike one. And b) they're not 18. Strike two.

And we're 85% sure they're stolen, but can't prove it. Strike three.

So we tell them they have to be 18 and they grumble and go to leave. My off-the-clock beau is hanging out near the exit door to have a few more words with me before he heads out and they say "Hey, you work here?" to him. He says "Not today."

Fast forward about 25 minutes, he had left. I get a call from him at our apartment. Apparently the creeps had followed him all the way home, and then knocked on the door and tried to get him to buy some of their ill gotten loot. He said F no, in so many words, and told them to leave. They did.

I spread the word that they followed an employee home to the rest of the staff, our security and the police. Police say they can't do anything except maybe charge them with soliciting IF they can catch them. Grr.

Now, today.. I'm at home off duty, and beau's at work. I'm guessing they were over there and saw him there and decided to stake out the place here... I was laying down playing pokemon (geek alert, geek alert!) and I hear a knock. Thinking it was some of our roommate's friend, they'd been by a few times today while he's at work, I get up and head toward the door. Halfway there, I hear the door try to open. What the...? Thinking the roomie's friends are just screwing around I still head up there, and right before I get to the door, I hear them opening the window!!!

As I put my hand on the doorknob, still thinking it's the roomie's friends and about ready to yell at some knuckleheads, I hear "Oh F$#K!" and I open the door. Cue them freezing, only about two feet at most in front of me, and my brain going into overdrive as I realize its the same creeper-stalker-teenage punk boys who freaked out my beau.

Me: GO AWAY NOW!!!! OR I'M CALLING THE POLICE!!! *SLAM DOOR!!!!*

(The whole time the door was open was maybe 15 seconds.)

I then locked the door, deadbolted, and called 911.

About 5 minutes later, cop was at my door. I filled them in on who we think these punks are, suspected thefts, attempted breakin, stalking, soliciting, and semi-vague descriptions (decent on features but only 15 seconds of clothing viewing? Bah).

I then called beau at work, told him I wouldn't be walking down there to help him lock up, told him to tell the security, employees and boss what happened and proceeded to make sure the windows were locked and to find a) my katana and b) some khalua.

Whoof. I don't know whether to be jittery, scared, nervous or tired right now. Sure as hell paranoid. Even if they are half my weight and age, there were three of them.

*grumble* punk ass *grumble* kids, creeping *grumble* breaking in.. get offa mah lawn...
    Confirmed altoholic.

Holy Crap! That would make me want to do something drastic! Like, like...oh crap, get a gun?!

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just looked up katana.
    Last edited by Exaspera; 06-18-2010, 03:54 AM. Reason: added something
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Oh, wow. I hope the cops catch the little punks.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson... but probably not.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I thought they might have after the beau telling them to scram a couple days ago, but apparently not. Maybe they did after today and knowing they were caught.

Only thing that really stopped me pacing was between a couple friends talking to me, and my awesomesauce boss basically texting me that he wishes he were here to help and if he ever sees 'em there'd be some pain. Figuratively speaking, I don't think he'd do anything without provocation and justification but even so. It improved my mood.
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

If that was at my place, they would have heard the chunk of a shotgun being loaded.
          "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Can you pull surveillance from work? Get face shots of Turd #1 and #2 for Officer Smith.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

could pull it, but I'd have to email corp and they would have to send us a disk. I have the frame written down to show people a pic of these kids (two of the three anyway) if need be.

Update on it... apparently they've been terrorizing our complex as a whole, I stopped by the office here on the way to do a test, and the manager was like "I know exactly who you're talking about". Apparently they're mad at the world because their complex's pool got shut down and they were told not to swim at ours. Not to mention that apparently the parents have told officers and the complex manager that "they can't handle them".

So, probably going to file a police report so the complex can have a copy, as well as work, so it'll help should we need to ban them from the store and the complex has a further case on them.

Apparently they stole a motorbike too.

Get offa mah lawn...
              Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

If they happen to come by the store again, quietly call the police, and let them know what they've done to date (attempted break-in at your place, solicitation, etc) and let the police cart them off.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  Holy Crap! That would make me want to do something drastic! Like, like...oh crap, get a gun?!

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just looked up katana.
                  That's why the machete hanging on our wall isn't just decoration.

Though now I want a katana....
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    That's why the machete hanging on our wall isn't just decoration.

Though now I want a katana....
                    I used to have a morningstar that hung on a plaque on my wall. A neighbor burst into my apartment after I reported them for noise at 3:00am for the 4th time and they were told to move. It was the nearest thing to hand, and it came around and caught him in the gut.

Never heard a word from him again.

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                    X