X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Day

Dear graduating class of 2010,

Well done, truly well done - in my teaching of you for the past 4 years, I have seen you grow and mature, tacking challenges and rising to overcome adversities.

Even though, as a ten year teacher and you are the 10th class I have taught to graduating, I never grow tired of applauding your achievements and wishing all the very best on the next stage in your life's journey. You are already are a success in my eyes and I have faith in you, as I always have.

If I may ask one thing, don't necessarily remember me or my colleagues, though you honoured us today at your graduation. Please remember what we taught you, beyond the subjects and classes...

Remember to:

Rise when you fall
    Seek as well give help
    See the world outside your window and within your heart, mind and soul
    always know that you are remembered

Remember that you are all are good people with awesome potential.

Take care and best wishes

Your teacher

Little note to add: I have taught over 1000 students directly from all ages and far more indirectly, in 5 schools in 2 countries. I have seen hundreds graduate, I have seen so many succeeding on the news and via the teacher grapevine.

A month a go I received a letter who I taught and saw graduate many years ago, they had tracked me down to let me know that they just got their MBA, running their own business, got married and had their first child - then they said something that floored me - they thanked me for inspiring them to 'get out there and do something'...a very kind and genuine thing to say!

I just light the fuse, it is they that fan the flames.

And that right there sweeps away all the negative daily crap.

It's always staggering when you see that you somehow made a difference to someone. Especially children. Good job, Damian.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
    X