Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops! Bad way to meet the neighbors!

So, I've cut a lot of dead dry pine branches off the trees at our new house. For a grill we have a HUGE wrought iron cauldron (used to be for rendering pig fat) on the patio that we put a grill on. We've been burning a couple armfulls of branches at a time, and having BBQ at the same time!

So midafternoon I was burning some branches and making smores. As I was roasting my marshmellos I was sweeping-up twigs, which were wet. The wet twigs in the fire made a huge puff of smoke, which the wind caught and sent wayyyy up. Ouf of the side of my hearing I heard people in yard of the house behind mine; all I caught was "OMG should we call the fire truck?" I looked-up and saw a concerned woman looking over my fence shouting if I was ok as I was sweeping. I told her yep, I was fine, just making smores, sorry if the smoke scared her. The neighbors then explained that, apparently, a truck had caught on fire up the street while the owner was DRIVING a couple days ago, and they were afraid it was something like that again! We had a nice chat, and I let them know that in the future the smoke would be from the grill
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Well, you sure got their attention! And once the smoke issue was understood, all is okay!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Hehe, reminds me of this.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
      X