This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sports-filled weekend!

Well, the bf hit a festival in my town...it was cool, I was able to see some fun stands and do some small donations to organizations I like.

The we walked to the pun where we spent 2 hours just watching/talking about sports (it wasn't crowded there, or I would have felt bad about being there)

NYY/NYM and World Cup.....I must say, I was one of the Yanks making fun of soccer, but it was rather interesting! Was sad to see Cameroon leave, though.

For todays sports, was upset to see Italy tie and Ivory Coast lose but at least the Yankees won!!!!

To think, I used to hate sports Hey, I might even go to a local soccer match! (I cannoy afford baseball tickets )
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Quoth Cat View Post
    For todays sports, was upset to see Italy tie and Ivory Coast lose
    *Ahem*

New Zealand, ranked 73 spots below Italy in the FIFA World Rankings, managed to score in the first 7 minutes of their game, and Italy only managed to score after a penalty was given for a, um, shirtgrabbing *cough*dive*cough* in the box.

GO ALL WHITES*! You can qualify! WOOOO HOOOOO!

*Please, no shots at the nickname, it comes as a play on the rugby teams name, the All Blacks, the footballers wearing white, and the rugby players wearing black, we also have the Tall Blacks as a play on the same, actually, I feel like listing all the team names... Silver Ferns, Black Sticks, Black Ferns, Tall Ferns, White Socks, Black Cocks (ah, that one is badminton...), Black Caps, plus more, but I've currently forgotten them...
    Began work Aug as casual '08
    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
    Why do I still work there again?

Comment

I'm part Italian, only reason I was rooting for them The N Zealand keeper was AWESOME!
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Hehe, they did a wee thing on the news last night, the "cost" of the NZ players combined, is less than the "cost" of the Italian Goalie... In some cases it is good to be minnows, I just hope, like Ricki Herbert (the manager) that people start realising that NZ got to the finals for its merit, not because they "had an easy run to get there". Oh, and I am pretty stoked that Mark Paston is an awesome keeper, especially with the amount of shots on target by the Italians!
        Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
          Italy only managed to score after a penalty was given for a, um, shirtgrabbing *cough*dive*cough* in the box.
          There's a bit of World Cup fever going on at work, and there's been a lot of smack talk about the World Cup pool. One co-worker (from England, and therefore an English fan) sent around the following link through e-mail to annoy our (Italian) head secretary:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Yup, already seen that one

I'm not sure if I want tomorrow to come, when NZ will know if the All Whites have made it into the round of 16 or not. We can dominate Paraguay, right? Oh dear, couldn't we have had Paraguay and Italy first? I would rather be facing Slovakia right now.

Anyway, two of m three teams have made it, England (boyfriends team) and the other team that I am well and truly backing to win (got to be a little bit realistic, right?) Argentina.

Comment

Working...
            X