This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Proud of Myself!

I just planned a mild teasing for a co-worker AND got the rest of the research group involved. It was his birthday, so I ran to the C-store and picked up candles and a thing of muffins. We stuck a candle in each muffin and walked into the office singing Happy Birthday.

I know that for most of the people here this isn't a big deal, but I personally consider this to be a significant thing for me, because it shows social skills and interacting with people! In fact, I am so proud that I might even use this as impetus to e-mail my social coach again!

(Other things that made me proud include managing to make a decision on my own about whether I should get a walking cast, even though I wasn't sure if my insurance covered it, or just get the plaster one. And that event resulted in me being jittery enough about it that I had to tell everyone that I had successfully made a decision. And now most of you have learned something new about what living with Asperger's is like.)

And THAT is a whoot-worthy moment!

Good for you, and keep it up!!
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Good for you, Magpie!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
      X