This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We might be getting another vlcak...

As you know my wife's friend imported her own vlcak so she could be the first to title one here in the USA. She was expecting him to be exactly like a malinois (so then why didn't she get a malinois?).

Of course, he isn't like a malinois in temperament. He's a lover, not a fighter (just like our Zorro) and she's "disappointed" in his temperament. She wanted one who was confident, outgoing, and confident. He'd rather cuddle with you and chew on a toy. He's not confident (but that can easily be worked on) and doesn't (right now) have the temperament for schutzhund (again, it could be worked on).

He's a great dog, though (he was here for a few days) and I told my wife he's welcome here any time.

I have a strange feeling my wife's friend may decide she doesn't want him and he'll end up here by the end of the year.

I wouldn't mind too much, though.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Dammit Draggar, now I want one! Poor dog, he can't help his temperament and it was really selfish of that lady to buy him just so that she can be the first to have a titled Vlcak. The dog sounds like a sweetie though and I wish I could have him. He'd fit right in with my cuddly dogs.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I wish I could have a vlcak but I don't know if I could handle one.

Comment

isnt your vlcak a female?
        Would you be able to breed them?
        that would be awesome.

Comment

I would love a cuddly vlcak - they are beautiful dogs, and I like large cuddly dogs that like to snuggle my feet in front of a woodstove in the winter after bouncing around outside playing chase the tennis ball [i use a sling shot to toss them good and far away so they get a good chase in]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            isnt your vlcak a female?
            Would you be able to breed them?
            that would be awesome.
            We could but the breeder the male comes from isn't that great and I'm willing to bet his lines aren't the best.

I think my wife already has potential males lined up.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

ok, was just wondering if more fluffys where in the forcast for us to ooohhh and ahhhhh over......
              cause we like fluffys

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                after bouncing around outside playing chase the tennis ball [i use a sling shot to toss them good and far away so they get a good chase in]
                Oh my...can I recommend this to some of my Lab-loving friends?
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  ok, was just wondering if more fluffys where in the forcast for us to ooohhh and ahhhhh over......
                  cause we like fluffys
                  Oh, Luna will be bred - that is for sure. She's only 6 months now and we need to find a good sire for the breeding (when she's old enough).
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'll say this...

Damn that happened quickly. We're doing a vlcak trade for a week or two so he guts used to being here and my wife's friend will have Luna at her house so she can see what a real working line vlcak is like to be sure it is what she wants.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X