This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really big news

Many of you who are my friends on facebook already know this, but as of Saturday, I am now engaged

I asked the future Mr. SmileyDyno (he uses the screenname dynokev on the websites he's on ) and he of course said yes... now all we have to do is plan the wedding... yeah...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

BEST WISHES AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

BOYA!! CONGRATS!

Now.... you must invite, the Plaidman.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Congratulations! Have you set a date yet?
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

I already said it but I want to say it again. CONGRATS! Yay! :bounces:
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

zomg yay! and stuff!
            yay wedding!
            If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
            ^_^

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              Congratulations! Have you set a date yet?
              No, that is one of the hard parts, we have to worry about schedule that works with my school and work, then we have to worry about my mom, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, Dyno's (I'll steal his screen name to use on here for the sake of posting) parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, and nephew.

Location is another big one to figure out (I was somewhat leaning towards using the plaza across the street from SFMOMA, or in the amphitheater in between the California Academy of Science and the deYoung Museum. There is also an island in downtown Reno (forget the name) that would work well. The only thing we can say for certain, we are not going to be doing it in the Atlantis Resort

Comment

That's awesome!
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I've already said this on facebook, but this is too awesome!

Congrats!!!
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Congrats! ^_^

I know I'm in ausland, so I can't witness the wedding, but I have no idea what the celebrant is meant to say to a gay couple...is it "I now pronounce you partners for life?"

Not trying to be rude, just curious since Ausland doesn't allow gay marriages. (Couples can claim Centrelink benefits and the like, they just can't actually get married)
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Maybe it will be "I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the husband."
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

Not trying to be rude, just curious since Ausland doesn't allow gay marriages. (Couples can claim Centrelink benefits and the like, they just can't actually get married)
                        The United States (with the exception of 5) don't either... but, avoiding fratching territory as much as is possible, I don't give a fuck what the government says they will and won't recognize, RHPG has been kind enough to offer to officiate and I will be married in my family's eyes, my God's eyes, and most importantly my own eyes.

As far as what is said, that depends on the couple.
                        Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 06-29-2010, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Congrats Smiley!!

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          Neither does Utah...
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well then come to Canada ! (I know, if you aren't getting the tax benefits and what not then there's no benefit to having the papers signed).

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

The only advice I can give is when picking a date don't try so much to worry about everyone's schedules, there isn't a perfect date and people who love you tend to be great at making things work once you make the decision (but they will give you more than enough information to overwhelm you up to that point )

Comment

Working...
                              X