This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws:35th anniversary

The most gruesome part of "Jaws" is when Quint slides into the shark & as he gets chopped to bits he screams his bloody head off. To this day, I can't watch that scene without covering my eyes...lol.
    The best line in the movie is when Brody says "I think we need a bigger boat".
    The part that really makes you stop & listen is when Quint talks about his exploits during World War II when his ship has been blown up & him & his shipmates are waiting for rescue surrounded by sharks. I can't think of any other movie that has a dialogue that is that riveting & haunting.
    For a movie that came out in 1975, it's still scarey!!
    IF they tried to do a re-make today, it wouldn't be the same.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGG

Somebody help me, I'm being attacked by a really obviously rubber shark's head with wobbly rubber teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I liked the part(among many other parts) where Quint finishes off his beer and crushes the can, and Dreyfuss does the same with his styrofom coffee cup.

That was a great movie! Scared the hell out of everyone when it came out.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

The one thing I remember about Jaws is how upset my dad was when he found out I had watched at a sleep over in first grade. He thought it was way too old for little kids. To be fair though, I think if he'd had his way, I would have only watched Sesame Street till I graduated from High School.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
          I liked the part(among many other parts) where Quint finishes off his beer and crushes the can, and Dreyfuss does the same with his styrofom coffee cup.

That was a great movie! Scared the hell out of everyone when it came out.
          Hehe, I saw this with my parents, at a drive-in. My mom kept jumping and hit her head on the car roof a couple of times.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I shall eat tortilla chips and salsa in tribute.
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

IIRC, it was Spielberg's first movie, or first major one. He had directed TV before.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                IIRC, it was Spielberg's first movie, or first major one. He had directed TV before.
                First major one, yes. He had directed his first theatrical release, "The Sugarland Express," in 1973.
                The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Awesome, incredible, fantastic movie.

The sequels, not so much.

"Show me the way to go home..."
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                  X