Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get migraines as well. Sometimes it feels like my head is being squeezed by a vice; even the back of my head will be pounding.

Hope you feel better soon.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Oh, yeah, it can mess up more than just your head. I always wondered why I have to pee so often it gets annoying. I always thought it was the Exedrin I was taking. Turns out, no, it is a symptom of migraine.

A week? Good Lord in heaven, I can't imagine that. The Vegas one (I looked it up last night after I posted. Turns out, certain shifts in negative ions in the air can cause them, too. Hence the intensity of the one during the dust storm) went on for nearly twenty four hours and I thought that was pretty excessive (not to mention exhausting.).I am incapacited when I get like that, I can barely walk.

That sounds hideous.

Comment

Mine aren't that severe. It's usually just a dull pressure from my right temple, down around my eye, through my jaw and back molars. Sometimes it will flare up more, sometimes I have nausea, and sometimes I see tiny floaty spots in my peripheral vision. I can function pretty well, but it's frustrating and wears me out.

McG, I didn't mean to threadjack ya. Hope your head gets to feeling better soon.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I've been known to get eight day migraines.

Though they're usually not the headache ones. They're usually the ones that result in me not wanting to be touched by ANYONE, even the cats, and accompanied with bouts of nausea to rival the worst morning sickness.

Last time it happened, my coworker decided she was going to go on a brussel sprouts binge. I couldn't be in the store with her without retching.

The frequent peeing thing is one I hadn't heard, though.

I wonder if migraines are related to epilepsy. I've heard the MRI results look like an electrical storm in the brain, which I've also heard about epilepsy. Has anyone here had an MRI during a migraine? They never bothered for me, since it was clear what was going on (mom and dad both got migraines, so I was already high-risk).

Comment

I get a really bad headache every Sunday night/Monday morning. I believe it's from trying to go back to being "normal" on Friday and Saturday by sleeping at night and being awake during the day, then going back to sleeping all day Sunday through Thursday.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's okay Admin. It just helps me know that I'm not the only one.

Well yesterday, I hardly did anything. I laid around with an ice pack, two kitties, and an awesome sister. I slept most of the day. Today, I feel better, but looking at my work schedule ahead, I am afraid there may be another huge one ahead.

Just please let it be just the migraine and not something else.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I get mine in my right eye. If I get too much white light into that eye, it somehow turns into a migraine and really really really hurts.

If I have a starting headache, I pop Aleve or Ibuprofens and hope it goes away. And caffeine, ....

It hurts.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                  Just please let it be just the migraine and not something else.
                  Worried about being pregnant? Both the pill and condoms are 90%+ effective when used correctly, so together you have an awesome chance of not being pregnant.

Also, when did you have sex? You're really only fertile for a few days in the middle of your period. If you had sex in the first week or two of your period, your chances of being pregnant go down even more.

Hope you feel better and don't get any more migraines. I had one once and it was horrible. I've very happy that I haven't had one since.

Comment

trailerparkmedic, the symptoms showed up two weeks after sexual activity. It scares me, even though the first test came out negative. I have to take a second test to make sure. It just seems too much of a coincidence that this started up two weeks after sexual activity. Now that I look back, at that time, we may not have used a condom because I believe we were intoxicated that time.

Ugh. Stupid me.
                    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Your not pregnant McGoddess09. Don't worry about it.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

McGoddess, the pill is 97% effective under normal use (forgetting pills once in a while or taking them late), 99% effective if you take it at the same time every day like you're supposed to.

None of my friends with kids realized they were pregnant just 2 weeks in, even the ones who were trying.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          I get a really bad headache every Sunday night/Monday morning. .
                          You know, I did too, and never did figure out why. I suspected it was the cigarette smoke in the pub I played at on Sunday nights, but not certain about it.

It was embarassing. Everyone thought I was hungover on Monday, but I wasn't. Especially if I didn't even drink any booze at all.

Been a long time since I had that problem, thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                          X