This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Cheddar burger

So a certain royal burger chain has this limited time smokey cheddar burger.

In a word: don't.

I couldn't even finish the one I got it was so bad. Way too much sauce, WAY too much cheese......

I seriously think I'm gonna puke.......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Sounds pretty ick. I normally only order chicken sammiches from there anyhow.

On the other hand...I ate at a Five Guys this weekend. Mmmmmmmm. Because my dumb ass didn't ask for the little hamburger, I got two patties with lettuce, onions, pickles and A-1 sauce. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

The fries were excellent too. Pity I had to throw some of them away; I just couldn't finish them.

Yeah, that's right. I did Five Guys for dinner Saturday.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had to try it once...not too horrible except for the grease, sauce (wtf is that stuff anyhoo?), plastic cheese and typically overcooked burger...so pretty much the bacon was the only redeeming feature but was ruined by the rest (btw, Friendly's bacon cheeseburger is great).

There is going to be or was a Five Guys in Natick...the sign is up anyway. Pissed us off to no end to exit the highway and go waythehell around to the westbound side only to discover an empty storefront.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Five Guys opened near me a few months ago...haven't been there yet...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The last time I went to Burger King, I requested a burger with NO mayo and received one slathered in the stuff. I won't be back.

Five Guys is pretty amazing.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Five Guys opened near me a few months ago...haven't been there yet...
            It's definitely worth a try.

I was so excited when they finally opened one here, as I had tried it in DC and fell totally in love.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've been boycotting alot of fast food joints. . .mainly for health reasons, my doctor said my cholesterol was high, hence diet lol

If I do splurge I'll try someplace like friendly's
              "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Sometimes restaurants come up with the coolest ideas that turn out to be awful. A restaurant chain up here, which I will call Grammar's, recently introduced hot wing perogies. For those of you who don't know what a perogie is, it's a sort of potato-cheese-stuffed dumpling. They can be steamed or fried, and they're usually served with sour cream on the side. These were slathered in hot wing sauce.

I don't know how you omnivores can eat those wings if they're covered in that stuff. It's like a solution of red colour, capsaicin, and salt. I couldn't taste the perogie for the salt.

Comment

There is good hot sauce and then there is stuff like that. It shouldn't be too salty, it should taste like hot peppers, not just pure heat, with a little bit of richness from butter. Plus they need a little ranch to go with them.

Comment

Why would anyone do that to delicious perogies?
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Mmmm, Friendly's......

Mmmm, wings....

Quoth Solumina View Post
                      Plus they need a little ranch to go with them.
                      Nah. Bleu cheese, bleu cheese, bleu cheese!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Five Guys = best french fries ever!
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

There was some sour cream with them, which just made them salty and fatty. Meh. I think a little bit of hot sauce to dip perogies in would be great, but slathering them is a bad idea.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            Rally's/Checker's = best french fries ever!
                            Edited for yumminess.

Comment

Boston Pizza has a pierogie pizza, and it not only tastes like pierogies, but it's quite spicy. So spicy pierogies do work. You just need to do it right. (And are you sure it's salt? I know that I've been told that the barbecue sauce isn't horribly salty, it's the tamarind I'm tasting that, for some reason, I'm processing as salt.)

Comment

Working...
                              X