This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eighties music guru wanted

I've had this old song stuck in my head for a very long time now, years, and haven't been able to find the gosh-darned thing. It's vintage 80's or perhaps 70's. I apparently have some of the lyrics wrong because Googling hasn't turned it up. I'm hoping someone here can help.

The chorus has several people singing the word "unreal" in harmony, several times over, with the lead singer inserting riffs in between. The lyrics in those riffs include what may be "here we go again" or "here you go again"... The best I can describe it is:

CAUSE - YOU'RE - SO - UNNNNREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLL (here we go again) UNNNNREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLL (here we go again) UNNNNREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLL (etc.)

Anybody?

Genre? (Rock, bubblegum, pop, disco?)

Thank you for making me feel old by referring to the music I grew up with as "vintage".
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Okay, I am good at eighties, but I need a little more info than that. Need genre, need male or female singer, need "is it fast or slow?" and anything else you can remember.

Comment

Sure it's not "UNBELIEVABLE" instead of "UNREAL"?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Good suggestion, Jester, I am thinking you may be on to something there.

Comment

If it is "Unbelievable," it was a hit song by EMF, their only hit song.

If they are singing "Unreal," well, I don't know, and may actually have to flex my google fu.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Nope, it's not "Unbelievable".

80's type soft rock, very similar to the Alan Parsons Project.

Comment

Male or Female?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9prliKZ_x_s

This song has a female singer going Your so unreal over and over near the end.

It's Almost Unreal, by Roxette.

Early Ninetes. Was used in Mario Brothers Movie soundtrack.
                Last edited by crazylegs; 07-09-2010, 03:46 PM.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Nope, ain't that one either.

Male lead vocalist.

Comment

The vocalist may be Tony Hadley; if not, it's someone with a similar voice.

Comment

I have no idea who Tony Hadley is.

This is the only song I can think of with "unreal" in the chorus...

Experiments in Mass Appeal by Frost*
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                        I have no idea who Tony Hadley is.

This is the only song I can think of with "unreal" in the chorus...

Experiments in Mass Appeal by Frost*
                        I know Tony Hadley was in the group Spandau Ballet. They were popular for doing that song "True" in the 80s. There is a Spandau Ballet song with unreal in the lyrics called Paint Me Down.

It may be a shot in the dark but here's a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZr6EdaYpc
                        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Oooooh, a music challenge!

After some abstract research, I came up with this possibility: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQB5q...eature=related

They don't say "unreal", but is it possible you heard the words wrong (I do that sometimes)?
                          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Still no joy...

Comment

Male singer and soft rock - gee, we didn't have any of those in the 80's.

What did the band sound like it consisted of - heavy on the synthesizers or guitar?

Soft rock - like easy listening or a rock "power ballad"?

Do you think it was mainstream or a one hit wonder?

Nothing is coming up in any lyric search!
                              Quote Dalesys:
                              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                              X