This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid phone + rib recipe

Well it looks like I finally dropped my iphone one too many times. The screen is broken though the sound still works so hopefully I can get all the info off of it. Not having a phone is driving me up the wall though. Hopefully should be able to take care of that soon.

Also, does anyone else here make ribs? My best friend and I recently started making them and despite it taking so long (6 hours not counting getting the grill to temp) it's a lot of fun. Anyone here have some fun recipies?
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

My uncle has some whacked out alcoholics recipe where you marinate them in cheap wine. This makes me want to call him up and get it because the final dish was delicious beyond words.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Honestly I like ribs chargrilled instead of slow cooked, I know this isn't how they are normally fixed but I love it. You get a different taste but you also get a much different texture, it also doesn’t take nearly as long (which works for me as I rarely have 6 hours of free time). Unfortunately I couldn't tell you how to do it, I just know what things should look/feel/smell like when I'm doing it but I can get the recipe for the sauce (once I get home that is).

I also have a friend who does bbq his ribs and has a killer spice rub that I will try to get a recipe for. Be warned it is pretty hot but it is just so good that you don't really care that your lips are on fire until you are full.

Comment

My step mom does ribs that are wonderful, and don't need a grill!

Start by marinating the ribs overnight in italian dressing. Best to do this in the pan you'll cook them in as you leave the marinade on them til serving, though you CAN skip the marinade step if you really want to. Just pour a bottle of italian dressing over the ribs just before you cook them if you want to skip marinating overnight. Cover the pan with foil, and put them in the oven on the lowest temperature you can (should be around 200 or 225 degrees) and leave them alone for the next 8 hours or so.

Don't even think about trying to get them out of the pan in one piece after cooking, they'll be so tender they'll fall apart if you do.

The very low temperature for a long time works with most any cut of meat to make it tender and tasty, and covering keeps it from drying out.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Can't tell you the exact recipe, since it's proprietary and, frankly, I don't know it, but my bar's kitchen staff makes ribs that are phenomenal, and part of it is them using a healthy amount of beer in the sauce/marinade. I know this, because they come to me to get a LARGE pitcher of beer for this purpose. And when I say large, I don't mean like a pitcher of beer you get in a bar, but larger than that.....a kitchen pitcher for larger volumes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

We've only ever used a dry rub instead of a marinade so I'll have to give those ideas a try
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I've put ribs in the crockpot and cover with 1-2 cups BBQ sauce then set on low for 8-12 hours. But cooking them in the oven with a dry rub works too. I wrap them in a tinfoil packet or baking dish covered with tinfoil on low about 200-225 degrees for 8-12 hours. I cook brisquet, chicken and roasts that way too.
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
              X