Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray for uni! (also contains work experience update)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for uni! (also contains work experience update)

So I just went online to check my classes AND the textbooks website. In my state at least, all the universities have ONE textbook supplier. You can go elsewhere if you want standard textbooks, but for readers or anything similar, they're only stocked at the supplier.

A reader is basically a bunch of pages from different sources, divided into tutorial groups and bound together. So you'll have 3-4 readings for one week, 3-4 readings for another week etc.

What I did find out was that combined, my books will only be about $50 tops (that's Australian dollars folks).

As for my classes, my majors are International Studies and Politics. International Studies can incorporate a mix of topics, not all specifically marked with the international studies code. So in the past I've studied Asian Studies, Australian Foreign Policy, Gamelan and so on. This semester I'm doing American Studies.

This one's turning into a fallback for me, as I now want to study teaching. At primary school level (In Australia, primary school goes from Reception-Year 6/7 depending on state, so around 5-12/13) anyway. My therapist fully supports this idea.

Also, while we're on the subject of teaching, my police check is due to come back sometime next week. Should be all good and I'll hopefully meet the teacher in a few weeks and my student after that. They try to pair students and LAP volunteers with the same interests, so mine will be a very arts focused student.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Only $50? That's awesome!
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Yay! Good luck, I'm sure you will do awesome.
      You seem like a fun person and it should be great for you to be teaching.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
      X