This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kittish View Post
    What you're describing sounds a lot like Nermal might be sick, like you said in your last post. Can you afford to get her to a vet for a general checkup? Another possibility is that maybe your litter boxes are too small for her to feel comforatable with? I had a fairly large cat (Miss Velcro) who felt entirely too cramped in even the largest actual litter pan I could find, and so would pee and poop on the edge or just over the edge of the pan. That stopped pretty much instantly and forever when I got a MUCH larger tub to use as a litter pan, one of those under the bed storage tubs. They really aren't any harder to keep clean than any other litter pan.
    I'll take her to the vet next week. She should be dewormed and everything since shes a shelter cat, but who knows what shes picked up. Shes a dinky cat, so I cant imagine pan size being an issue. The other pan is twice the size of the other and she wont use that one. She seems to be doing okay on litter use unless shes pooing on my carpet in secret. I dont like my new vet, i might have to go back to my old one across town.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I think Nermal is going to have to go. Now sully is shitting on the carpet and scratching up my furniture. Two things he's NEVER done. Not to mention, now he can't poop solid. I thought I was getting out of line with the gushy food, but I haven't given it to them in about a week and still nothing. I now have to pay 150$ or so to have my entire apartment steam cleaned because they've shit absolutely EVERYWHERE but their box. Hell once I accidentally locked sully in the bathroom for an entire day while I was at school. He made a point to shit directly in the bathtub drain. Now he shits on my carpet.

Hell, he just shit NEXT TO the freshly cleaned box. In it, in front of it, and behind it. He's making a point. He's also starting to get more clingy. He would ignore me out right for days, but now he has to be in my lap or on my desk if i'm petting Nermal.

Anyone know of an OTC pet med I can buy? The only symptom that I am noticing is not pooping solid. I stopped giving gushy food, I haven't changed their food. Sullys been eating Evo Weight Management for the last four to six months. The gushy food is Evo Chicken and Turkey so its not too rich. He was a fatty fatty when I got him so I put him on weight management. Since he's lost about a pound. He actually looks a little skinny now, so I might just put him on regular Chicken and Turkey dry food. They've been drinking A LOT of water too, about two cat bowls a day (not big bowls.) He hasn't been going outside lately either because I want to train him to stay indoors. Or at least try to.

Edit: now that I look at a cat symptom site I'm a little concerned. He's always been a super independent cat, but a majority of the time since I got a bigger bed he'd sleep with me. Now he sleeps behind my dresser, desk or in the hallway.

Signs associated with cat diarrhea that we should watch out for:

* Frequently passing loose, watery faeces.
      * Blood or mucus in the faeces.
      * Faeces staining around bottom / cat keeps excessively cleaning around bottom.
      * Bad smell.
      * High fever.
      * Change in appetite.
      * Dehydration.
      * Abdominal pain, tenderness or swelling
      * Weight loss. but on weight management food
      * Tiredness and lethargy.
      * Vomiting, or any other signs of poor cat health.

Im not sure about "bad smell." I have two cats, but when Sully shits its practically unholy. He better not be sick I can't handle losing Sully. He's not lethargic or tired though. He still wants to go outside and run around all night, he plays with nermal, he's chasing her ass right now. halp

Someone mentioned worms as a possibility. I'm not filtering through his vomit and shit. Should i do this? http://www.ehow.com/how_5310389_worm...naturally.html It says its safe even for humans.
      Last edited by Whiskey; 07-29-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Get them into the vet. Both of them. Honestly, it sounds like Giardia, a parasite that is highly contagious, and CAN be passed to humans. You need to get them checked out ASAP. Bring both cats, and stool samples for both (in baggies, labeled), and get the tests done. If it's not Giardia, it's likely another parasite that they didn't treat for.

Being a shelter cat is actually a great way to pick up bugs. My girls, even though they were fostered with a responsible and frequent foster mom, managed to get ringworm and pass it on to me and one of my roommates. That is not a fun fungus to treat on two very cuddly kittens.

Comment

God damn it.

Comment

God fucking damn it. 60$ so sully can have the pleasure of shitting at the vet. They wont accept a sample because they haven't seen him before. Thats just the shitting and being looked at. God knows whats actually wrong with him.

Comment

Well, nermal isn't going anywhere. I can't get rid of a cat that actively plays fetch and barks.

In other news, and I swear this isn't an excuse to be lazy, has anyone ever heard of cats getting offended by box cleanings? I forgot about their box for two days and they stopped shitting on the floor/over the side of the box. When I cleaned their box daily, they shit on the floor daily.

????????

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Well, nermal isn't going anywhere. I can't get rid of a cat that actively plays fetch and barks.

In other news, and I swear this isn't an excuse to be lazy, has anyone ever heard of cats getting offended by box cleanings? I forgot about their box for two days and they stopped shitting on the floor/over the side of the box. When I cleaned their box daily, they shit on the floor daily.

????????
                That is weird. I've only heard of cats doing the opposite...ie, using the floor when the box hasn't been cleaned enough.

My cats have never done that, but when they couldn't use regular litter for a couple weeks and my mom switched to the paper pellet kind, Girlcat would have none of it.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've never heard of it either. It might be a coincidence, but I'm afraid to clean their box now :| I don't want them shitting on my floor anymore. I bought a couple feet of plastic tarp, some natures miracle stain remover and a scrub brush. Maybe tonight I'll get down on those stains. Masking tape should old the tarp to the wall, right? I dont want to just lie it down on the ground so they can pick it up, get under it, or just shit on the wall.

These assholes are staring at me like "bitch turn on the A/C its hot." Spoiled brats.

I video tape Nermal playing catch and Sully walking (he walks weird, i think his hips were broken at one point) but, like pictures of peoples kids, i don't think anyone actually wants to see them.

my MASSIVE CALVES make their video debut in one though.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

I video tape Nermal playing catch and Sully walking (he walks weird, i think his hips were broken at one point) but, like pictures of peoples kids, i don't think anyone actually wants to see them.

my MASSIVE CALVES make their video debut in one though.
                    Well now you know we wanna see!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I am not a vet or know much about animal biology, but I'm guessing that the reason why they don't want the boxes cleaned is to mark who their territory is.
                      We've got 2 boxes for two cats as well and mum just changes the litter every day.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                        I am not a vet or know much about animal biology, but I'm guessing that the reason why they don't want the boxes cleaned is to mark who their territory is.
                        We've got 2 boxes for two cats as well and mum just changes the litter every day.
                        Ive got 2 boxes in 2 separate areas. they will only poop in one box. I still havent cleaned it and they are happy as hell. I dont understand. I HAVE to clean it today because its disgusting, but im afraid for my carpet.

Oh and nermal sassed me today.

Me: Where are my pigs? I dont see any pigs? *sees nermal sunning herself in front of the glass door* Do you do anything but lie there?!
                        Nermal: (who doesnt talk) MEEEEOWAAHHHHH
                        Me: Shit, sorry. *walks off*

Now shes in my lap, making muffins on my skin.

edit: she's not feelin' fetch today. Or when I'm taping now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM8YcXbjUTk PLEASE IGNORE MY GAY CAT VOICE K

edit II Sully just sneared at me. He is such a baby.
                        Last edited by Whiskey; 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

The best clean-up stuff for cat's urine/feces is the stuff made by Simple Green. We found it at PetsMart and it works so much better than the Miracle stuff.
                          Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Well it looks like Sully is getting over his bitter resentment of me bringing in Nermal. Hes decided to take his rightful nappy time spot back.

Which is my computer desk, directly on my mouse, but only when I'm using it.

I hope you weren't using that.

Neglected cat throws a fit.

Know what? I DO WHAT I WANT

You weren't using that either, right?

We finally came to an agreement

:3 my stupid ugly pig baby <3
                            Last edited by Whiskey; 08-06-2010, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X