This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun suprise at work

So I came in to work today, and one of the guys that hangs out around here called me over. I went, and he had a kitten under his hood.
    She's six to eight weeks old, black and very sweet.

I can't keep her (three adult cats, a dog and the bunny, plus we're going out of town this weekend) and all the cat shelters are full (except maybe the Humane society, but they might put her down)

Help?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Yay! Kitten is going to vet this afternoon, and a friend will watch her while family and I are gone.

Comment

Aw, I wish I could have her

They once found a kitten, maybe a month or so old, in one of the trailers at work. I wonder how far he traveled to get there. (They called animal control; I saw him when they were transferring him to a carrier. He looked a bit thin and probably dehydrated, and he was crying the whole time. Poor thing. Little gray tabby...I wanted to take him back to my desk and let him sleep in my lap. Never did find out what happened to him...)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, I'm getting to keep her. She's 4-5 weeks old, healthy, but no shots yet, so she's in quarantine in my bathroom at night (the bunny is in my room, and they could make each other sick) and she's coming to work with me this week.

Her name will be either Trina or Peabody (we're naming all pets after characters in the In Death books by J. D. Robb, so far we have Eve, Roarke and Mavis.) My kitties are ... annoyed at the existence of the kitten.

Comment

Working...
        X